Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New to Crawling

I am new to crawling, scaling and RC in general, as well as this GINORMOUS message board.

I recently got myself an Axial Wraith and am having a blast so far. I have replaced the upper and lower link arms with the good stuff from Vanquish along with the front knuckles, chubs, tie tod with Ackerman steering arms, the drag link, rear lockouts along with both diff covers, lower shock mounts and front and rear link mounts from STRC. I have even made a few parts of my own

l probably will ask a lot of questions at first for advise on parts and techniques, and hopefully sooner or later be able to answer questions and make helpfull contributions to the board.
Land Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

if you havent allready , check out the wraith section. theres a ton of helpfull info.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the addiction and I hope you enjoy never having spare money in your wallet cause this isn't a cheap hobby
xjcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjcritter View Post
Welcome to the addiction and I hope you enjoy never having spare money in your wallet cause this isn't a cheap hobby

Thanks for the Welcome. And most fun hobbies are not cheap and crawling/scaling is certainly no exception. I already have plans to convert a spare bedroom into an RC workshop so I can assemble/disassemble, install, modify and fabricate all of these new goodies that I just have-to-have I am HOOKED like a big mouth bass.
Land Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Crab View Post
Thanks for the Welcome. And most fun hobbies are not cheap and crawling/scaling is certainly no exception. I already have plans to convert a spare bedroom into an RC workshop so I can assemble/disassemble, install, modify and fabricate all of these new goodies that I just have-to-have I am HOOKED like a big mouth bass.
I don't think any of the "cool" hobbies are cheap !!! I bought an AX10 for my son thinking , a rock crawler will be nice and tough and not too fast so perfect for a beginner, then once I got some time to play with it ...........damn it, I'm hooked Heck , I spent part of the weekend building a course for us to play on.
jt512 is offline   Reply With Quote