Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Sedona's vs. Rock Grabbers (mods please leave here, need lots of response)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sedona's vs. Rock Grabbers (mods please leave here, need lots of response)

Ok guys i know there is a thread in the tire section on this but not many people have touched that thread. I am looking and so is a friend of mine into getting new tires next week for our ax10's. Now i have narrowed it down to 2 different one, the HPI rock grabbers, or the HB Sedona's. I have had several LHS's tell me Sedona's but on the other hand alot of videos and a few other hobby shops have said go with the rock grabbers. its a 50/50 shot on either one. Now i did find a video from rcsparks.com where he interviews the guys from teds famous garage and they believe in the rock grabbers. here is the link. But please i need some response on this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1uQE...1&feature=plcp
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Sedona's vs. Rock Grabbers (mods please leave here, need lots of response)

Dude you got enough responses and this is a tire question not a general question and you should just buy one, if you want a true comp tire get sedona's if you want looks get rock grabbers. I'm not trying to be rude to you and I hope you don't take it that way said in my response to your other post we can give only opinions that others may/will not agree with so your best bet is to get whichever tires you feel will suit your needs best.

Last edited by ScaleFreak93; 12-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:40 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sedona's vs. Rock Grabbers (mods please leave here, need lots of response)

Just pick a tire, it's still YOUR choice.
I never ran the Rock Grabbers, I do run the Sedonas in a 2.2 MOA comp rig.
Based on my info, I say Sedonas.

[smooth move telling the mods what to do....good luck......]
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

It's a personel choice you have to make. different types of rock, the weight of your truck, Foams, your driving style. the kind of truck you have, etc all contribute to the the kind of tire you want. The guys at teds run the grabber(mounted backwards) because they found it was the best for them and for the rocks in the garage.. 1 or 2 or us at teds use a different tire. I personaly want to be different and I run boss claws and really like them. I think one or 2 run Rovers. I have a set of Sedonas that I like aswell but haven't had as much luck with them.

You should buy the Sedona's and your buddy should pick up the Grabbers. see which one pulls the better lines. problem solved.
-NB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Buy both sets then split pairs with your buddy so you're each running a pair of sedonas and grabbers.
profsrkos2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Dude you got enough responses and this is a tire question not a general question and you should just buy one, if you want a true comp tire get sedona's if you want looks get rock grabbers.
I understand your not trying to be rude and i appreciate it. But to say i got enough responses and your the second post is a little confusing since i have not posted a thread about tires before. but thanks for the input, thats all i asked for and you did deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post

[smooth move telling the mods what to do....good luck......]
I did NOT TELL the mods what to do, I simply asked by saying please...Please re-read the thread title. If they do move it my feelings will not be affected. They know how to run the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler B View Post
It's a personel choice you have to make. different types of rock, the weight of your truck, Foams, your driving style. the kind of truck you have, etc all contribute to the the kind of tire you want. The guys at teds run the grabber(mounted backwards) because they found it was the best for them and for the rocks in the garage.. 1 or 2 or us at teds use a different tire. I personaly want to be different and I run boss claws and really like them. I think one or 2 run Rovers. I have a set of Sedonas that I like aswell but haven't had as much luck with them.

You should buy the Sedona's and your buddy should pick up the Grabbers. see which one pulls the better lines. problem solved.
I have to say i should have thought about this myself as it is a great idea. thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Sorry it was late and for some reason I thought the other thread in the tire section was you as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Sorry it was late and for some reason I thought the other thread in the tire section was you as well.
its cool. i typed out the thread with one eye open. im suprised it even read right.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
its cool. i typed out the thread with one eye open. im suprised it even read right.
I know exactly what you mean

Sedona's vs. Rock Grabbers (mods please leave here, need lots of response) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sedona's/Rovers or PB Rock Beasts Bernman Tires and Wheels 14 03-03-2014 05:57 AM
TLT Rock Buggy, lots and lots of pics, 56K beware Davkin Tamiya TLT Crawlers 31 09-14-2005 05:08 PM