Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I really want to build a Tamiya CR01 or do a custom chassis for my old SCX10...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Red face I really want to build a Tamiya CR01 or do a custom chassis for my old SCX10...

It seems to have the reputation as the toy of the RC crawler world. Their short wheelbases cause them to flip over backwards etc. At least in ever video I've ever seen.I really would like to build one simply because Tamiya Builds are fun and it looks pretty complex. I have also considered doing a CC01.

I don't plan to compete, trail crawl or really crawl much. Just walk the dog and mess around during my walks.

Recently I've taken a look at the Junfac CC01 mods and the Lizard chassis which doesnt exist. I've also considered doing a scale RC4wd or someone else's chassis which will line up with the 10-11" or so wheelbase of the CR01 bodies.

I'd like the ability to go super scale with it if I decide to. In that respect the CR01 looks almost like a toy.

Ralphie walking with his buddy the wraith...

Any small companies producing promising chassis's out there?

I already have a SCX10 thats got a hacked shortened frame with a unimog body on it. The suspension isn't ideal, the links are the wrong length and it tends to bind. I built it before I really knew what I was up to.
You can see the suspension is uber stiff in this photo

Using the axles, shocks and trans what aftermarket chassis could I use? It has an RC bros shock relocation kit but not like that matters. Are those 3racing Portal Axles still shite?

Sorry for the babbling. Painkillers

I'm replacing my Wraith dog walker

Last edited by daign; 01-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: I really want to build a Tamiya CR01 or do a custom chassis for my old SCX10...

I was also eyeballing the GCS Cross Canyon Scale Combo kit. I like how it moves the motor etc up front like a real truck...

GCM CrossCanyon Coil-Spring Scaler Combo #GR0048*-*Chassis Kits*-*-Scale Parts*-*The Crawlers Store LLC

daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I really want to build a Tamiya CR01 or do a custom chassis for my old SCX10...

i don't quite see what your saying, but can you pass those painkillers ?

i see plenty of guys using that scx-10 chassis to make YJ and TJ jeeps all the time. maybe instead of going nuts and trying to chase down a whole new design, maybe just a few tweaks to your chassis and you will be dandy.

if not sell me that mog and buy the cr-01.

crunky is offline   Reply With Quote

I really want to build a Tamiya CR01 or do a custom chassis for my old SCX10... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya cr01 addicted to crawlin Tamiya CR-01 2 02-06-2010 10:47 AM