Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Crazy offroad/sand buggies baja style tube frames?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Cool Crazy offroad/sand buggies baja style tube frames?

In my search to go faster and faster in the sand, I had an idea while working on this Bronco scaler. I've got a TCS Baja Savage Flux conversion thats fastest, my Custom rail which is fast but 2wd and in the past I've had 4wd Slash on 6s, and an SC8e on 6s which was REAL fast.

You can see with scale comes stability. My TCS conversion...

Where as the rail with wide arms etc takes a beating. Its almost 1/8 size so that helps.

The Slash 4x4 took a real beating in the moon like surface of the beach. This day was smooth too...

I'd like to know what type of chassis would be best to work with to build an all out Sand/Beach basher thats capable of 60+mph...

Is the TCS Baja/ Brushless Baja the end all be all reigning champ?!

I want to build a sand/offroad truck. Not based off a slash. But something from the crawler world. We've got all these amazing frames, tires suspension. All this stuff is scale. The thing that bothers me about SC based cars and my previous sand toys iis that none of them are scale. They're RC pan style cars.

What chassis's can you guys think of would be a good start for a 4wd chassis with some serious width and travel.... Revo of the crawler/sand world....

Projects from the past:
SC8e

Slash 4x4 Baja

My current rig is fast but I'd like to use 1/8 suspension components for further travel and a wider stance. I've noticed 1/10 scale suffers due to the divits in the sand...

Rail which just got a new castle 2400kv and 4s

I want to build a scale rig using crawler components but baja style suspension, width, and speed capability. Is this possible with any of the amazing scaler chassis's out there or am I just in the wrong realm.... I know the SC guys rigs are more suited to this type of stuff. But duct taping tires is duct taping tires. Why can't a rig built using crawler parts do 60mph?

For some reason I just dont see myself regearing my SCX10 throwing some paddles on it and hauling ass. It'll tip on the very first turn.

The closest thing I can think of is Formula Offroad style trucks....

Throw some ideas out there. Lets build something wicked.

Funny I typed all this up and I forgot I have a terra exo on the way.

I was planning on building it to sell anyway.
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crazy offroad/sand buggies baja style tube frames?

just build the EXO Terra and call it good. Honestly you have all your bases covered with all those rigs....thats a nice collection. I'm partial to the sandrail because I built one back in the day. That was the most fun I have ever had.....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Crazy offroad/sand buggies baja style tube frames?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
just build the EXO Terra and call it good. Honestly you have all your bases covered with all those rigs....thats a nice collection. I'm partial to the sandrail because I built one back in the day. That was the most fun I have ever had.....
I was planning on doing a really nice scale build and selling it for profit....

I wish HPI would listen to their damn customers and offer kits. Otherwise I'd probably be ordering an Apache C1 or SC.... Shame about HPI
daign is offline   Reply With Quote

Crazy offroad/sand buggies baja style tube frames? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prerunners, baja, dune buggies-Lets see them jwalker Chit Chat 4 08-25-2011 07:28 AM
Tube Chasis/ Buggies TOMS97ZJ Newbie General 3 02-21-2010 12:08 AM
what is every one using for sand rail frames hpiontherocks Non Crawler RC's 1 12-02-2009 07:38 PM