RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   RC Truck Snow Plowing (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/3780-rc-truck-snow-plowing.html)

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-21-2004 04:34 PM

RC Truck Snow Plowing

Hey i was wondering if anyone. Attaches snowplows to the front of there Rc Trucks
If you have ics let please post......!

Cuz I am gonna ut a plow on my stampede.

Ace 12-21-2004 05:37 PM

Re: RC Truck Snow Plowing

http://img157.exs.cx/img157/7946/bgplowyardrdz2qx.jpg

SR5Dave 12-21-2004 06:00 PM

Where did you get that Ace? Or.. More likely knowing you, Can you make me one? :lol:

Ace 12-21-2004 06:02 PM

Made it, just knocked it up from some sheet metal.

Works okay, moves up and down with the servo and angle change is manual...

SR5Dave 12-21-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Made it, just knocked it up from some sheet metal.

Works okay, moves up and down with the servo and angle change is manual...

Should be simple enough eh? I'd just need to think of a good solid way to mount it...

Ace 12-21-2004 06:07 PM

On that one I just took the front most bolt out of the clod axle (the one where the stock bumper bolts on) and drilled it thru. Then I put a pin thru and that mounts the plow, it is also where it pivots up and down.

Pretty crude but it worked.

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-21-2004 06:21 PM

Ya i have to see if i can find a plow or maybe make one then ya i'll jsut attach it solid.

SR5Dave 12-21-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
On that one I just took the front most bolt out of the clod axle (the one where the stock bumper bolts on) and drilled it thru. Then I put a pin thru and that mounts the plow, it is also where it pivots up and down.

Pretty crude but it worked.

How strong is it? I actually want to plow my sidewalks with it :lol:

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-21-2004 06:39 PM

I don;t know but same here we jsut got like 2 incehs of snow and that would be perfect

Mazlem 12-21-2004 07:50 PM

I was just thinking of getting like an 8" diameter pvc pipe an cutting it in half length-wise. Dunno about mounting yet but that'd be plenty strong enough.

Ace 12-21-2004 08:39 PM

I plowed my back porch and my front sidewalk with it last year.

Only had about 2" of snow but it did it.

GReddy 12-21-2004 09:24 PM

srry if this question is dumb

it doesnt snow here so heres my Q why do u need to plow a sidewalk? unless u do it for fun :?

SR5Dave 12-21-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GReddy
srry if this question is dumb

it doesnt snow here so heres my Q why do u need to plow a sidewalk? unless u do it for fun :?

Here, its highly reccomended everyone does their sidewalks, so people can walk on them ;) You can with snow, but then it freezes and old people like Ace can break their hips ( :flipoff: )

Ace 12-22-2004 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR5Dave
You can with snow, but then it freezes and old people like Ace can break their hips ( :flipoff: )

:flipoff:

True though...

I was doing stupid childish stuff when you were in diapers!

beetlebz 12-22-2004 11:30 AM

my father and i were just debating this the other day. i actually sat down and built a whole plow assembly and everything using some white pvc pipe cut in half (i think it was a 7 or 8 inch pipe) and a metal frame w/ 2 servos. its 2 flaws are A) its so heavy that a good bump face plants the truck, and B) i never came up with a good way to mount it.

i did try it out, but i was short of vehicles at the time, so i wound up hooking it up to a radio shack monster patrol :D yeah.... it didnt do very well lol

im biting the bullet and getting either a modclod chassis or a TXT 1 before spring, so ill head on back to the drawing board :)

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-22-2004 03:32 PM

Ya Ace could u make me one please. :D :wink:

Mazlem 12-22-2004 08:21 PM

So you didn't use a full truck? If not maybe a full ~10lb truck could hold it up. How long was the pipe and how much did it weigh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetlebz
my father and i were just debating this the other day. i actually sat down and built a whole plow assembly and everything using some white pvc pipe cut in half (i think it was a 7 or 8 inch pipe) and a metal frame w/ 2 servos. its 2 flaws are A) its so heavy that a good bump face plants the truck, and B) i never came up with a good way to mount it.

i did try it out, but i was short of vehicles at the time, so i wound up hooking it up to a radio shack monster patrol :D yeah.... it didnt do very well lol

im biting the bullet and getting either a modclod chassis or a TXT 1 before spring, so ill head on back to the drawing board :)

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-23-2004 02:27 AM

How do u make a stampede Dual motor, and 4 wheel Drive. :?:

Mazlem 12-23-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyPedeCrawler21
How do u make a stampede Dual motor, and 4 wheel Drive. :?:

You can order a kit from Swami here. It's for the Rustler but they're the same truck I believe.

/Edit/ There's several threads/links about 4x4 Pede's on the Traxxas forums.

ChevyPedeCrawler21 12-24-2004 02:20 AM

Thanks.