Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Alright you got me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #1

Smile Alright you got me!

Just purchased 2 nylint 1/6 crawlers. 1 jeep 2nd gen, and scorpion 3rd gen. was interested in them last christmas but after owning 3 t-maxx's,1 e-maxx, losi xxx-nt, and a revo thought they were just toys. I Saw the price marked down to $49.00 from $169.99 and I bought the jeep while out of town. that night I went to this site after reading about it in rc-caraction. To my surprise I found this forum!!! After reading some posts I realized that funrise has made updates to them. The next day at my local wally world I found a scorpion buried in a pile of newbright cxts. Saw aluminum brackets, screws for shocks and no bump stops and knew it was 3rd gen. Last one so I picked it up! At this point I am glad i didn't spend any more than I did on them. Have only driven the jeep but all it does is hang up on the skids. I think these things have a future with the mods you have all suggested. And if they follow threw with the technical support they are talking about eg:web sight, factory upgrades etc. Any way in the mean time what the heck is the tummy tuck for these rigs. show me some pics!!!
colecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...gAnch=imgAnch7
You notice how he cut about 3 inches off the bottom i his truck and put a metal cover? that gives the truck more clearance under the middle.
Here's another link
Undercarriage progress
'75 Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 AM   #3