Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What rig do you enjoy the most?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What rig do you enjoy the most?

Which ever one I happen to be piloting when it's G6 time
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I have a Wraith, Honcho and an Exo and still can't figure out which one is my favorite.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #23
RCC Addict

My Wraith has been more fun than any RC car I have driven. Starting out with a Frog and then the RC10 (yes gold chassis & all) I am amazed at the huge leaps in tech & the fun factor of todays electrics. The HPI Startup days got my attention & I dove into 4WD Sedans for a while. The Micros & minis are fun for a while. The Wraith is for me the perfect blend of basher / crawler. I can't wait to get off work & go wheelin & the backyard is gettin a makeover.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I would have to say my berg is #1, just like to crawl. sometimes it gets to be a PITA but come Sundays at the track I cant burn enough mah in my Exo. thing is like the damn energizer bunny, keeps going and going! out of all of em, Id say my berg is my fav, then Exo, then MRC.
baconCHDDRchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
Wanna get? Gotta want.

The Wraith is ok but I need to drive with other people.

My Berg is good and I can drive that for hours.

My super is by far the funnest car. If comp crawling went away I could see myself getting rid of the Berg but I dont think I would ever get rid of my super.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #26
RCC Addict

2.2 SCX , then CC01 and 1/16 summit/slash.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #27

We have 2 summits, 4x4 pede, SCX10, Wraith, LCC in the house and if I had to grab one for all purposes (not knowing where I would be running) it would be a summit due to speed,bashability and low speed too, but for fun the Wraith edges out the LCC for the most fun.
JMiller2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
1/6th willys
X2 - I've never enjoyed driving anything as much as my Willys Jeep. 1/6th scale rules!!!
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Honestly it's which ever one I happen to have in my hand at the time. I really do enjoy them all, because they are so different from each other, and that's what I like the most.
Same here. They all put a big smile on my face every time I drive them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
My super is by far the funnest car. If comp crawling went away I could see myself getting rid of the Berg but I dont think I would ever get rid of my super.
Agreed. It's funny to see how big of a crowd a super will draw even when you are by yourself. I've looked up before when I was alone practicing and saw about 10 people watching me and taking pictures.

Last edited by JeremyH; 08-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Depends on the mood. Every once in a great while, I get a go-fast itch, and have to drive the slash or b4-4. I have driven wraiths and they are a hoot too. But I am a comp nut, so if I have rock near by, my XR10 comp rig is usually first choice.

I have built and driven many many different rigs. The most fun I would have to say I have had was with one of the 2 most recent sportsman rigs I have built. Kind of a toss up there.

Wish I didnt have to sell my last one to fund a mill, but I am super happy to have a mill now
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Most often I get the most fun out of whatever is my most "scale" rig. Byt that I mean the one that I have outfitted the most with scale doo dads and making it as realistic it can be. My Rigs go back and forth with which rig it may be. Usually it has been a hard body Defender. Sometimes a Hilux and before it was a Tj. I always have a basher with a lexan body that is more built for performance. I have 3 SCX10 chassi's. And two have a lot of upgrades and the one I use for "ultra" scale is pretty basic. Just metal outdrives on the trans and traxxas driveshafts with metal joints. The rest chassi wise is pretty stock. But I love driving the rigs like that. I take time to not roll it and drive it as if it were a 1:1 rig. My other two are a class 2 typically with a lexan body like a Cherokee and a class 3 with a lot of upgrades and 2.2 tires, etc. I rarely drive that one other then comps. The Basher class 2 is fun. Vary between Boggers, 4.75 Claws or Pitbulls all on CAC rims or steelies. I like that rig and beat it and change boddies frequently depending on damage or desire and just adjust wheelbase accordingly. I have been re doing my Defender this week and it is mild performance wise, but I love the looks of it and the realism. That is what I enjoy most scale rcing wise.

I will say I recently picked up a Losi mini 8ight. That thing is an absolute blast. I don't think it would be good as an only rc. But it fits in a backpack, it very fast, handles incredible and has been bulletproof. It is one of the more fun vehicles I have ever run.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I enjoy the one that is actually up and running the most. It could be my sc10 2wd, or it could be my losi micro all scaled out.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I have fun with them all, but it all depends on what the group im with is running. I can still have fun running alone also. Right now it's between the Wraith and my 2wd Slash.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #34
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantATurbo View Post
my fav is my rs10 xr10 hybrid have a rs and a xr but most fun with the hybrid!!
....do tell
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

You know...as much as I've done to the scx-10....I still enjoy my good ole AX-10. Just the basic aluminum upgrades. Seems like everytime I go to take the SCX10 out I end up with a broke rig on the work Bench. As many times as I've threatened to sell the Ax-10 I still got it. It'll crawl most everything I put it through.
Team_Jason_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

My honcho gets the most miles, literally. But I think the super wins for me as most fun. I just wish we had a few more here to run in comps.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I love em all, but if I could only have one it would be the Wraith.
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

The only one I have at this time, My comp XR10. I am looking to pick up an exo, wraith and maybe something for the sportsman class. Hopefully I can fulfill those wants in the next few months. This is such a fun hobby and a great group of guys and gals to ride with. I have not touched my 1:1 or even my polaris rzr since I have got started in this hobby but that is normal for the summer months.
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I almost love building tubers/scalers as much as I love running them... theres nothing like designing a one off rig or replicating a 1:1. I could (well actually I do)sit at my desk and tinker and build for hours on end.
Rockridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

The wraith is great with 4ws but there is something about a super. Every time you take one out people just watch and can't believe what they will do.
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote

What rig do you enjoy the most? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn the music up, Way up! and enjoy... The Cow Non Crawler RC's 0 12-04-2011 08:24 PM
I enjoy 2.2clod! himo Tamiya Clod Buster 12 12-03-2008 07:54 AM
You guys might enjoy this tltman12 Chit Chat 3 06-20-2008 10:43 PM
not mine you guys will enjoy roadblock Chit Chat 15 02-07-2007 06:00 PM