Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX4S Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Spektrum DX4S Thread

well i have to say I had some bad luck thus far with the new sr410 receiver that comes with the dx4s ..hooked everything up tonight in my crawler with an m2 dig , installed the receiver and turned it on ...everything was fine bound to the radio , and i did my programing which in total probably took 30 minutes ..once i was done setting the esc i turned it off to tidy up my wires and finish up..was off probably about the same length of time 30-40 minutes ...when i went to go turn it back on and plugged the battery in it esc and servo were unresponsive ..esc would light up but would not calibrate or anything , also steering servo would not work either ..figured maybe a bad connection somewhere but checked all my joints and found nothing ,tryed a different servo too to see if it was a faulty servo but did not work either ..at last i decided to try the sr300 receiver i had in my crawler before hand and see if it would work or anything ..sure enough everything was working perfect .i never abused the receiver at all so what i,m curious about is how good is customer service through Horizon going to call LHS on monday see what they say too ...what you guys think..
RcKirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

eh its like all electronics shit happens..im sure they will help you out!!
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang View Post
eh its like all electronics shit happens..im sure they will help you out!!
Yeah i,m hoping so ..kind of a bummer only was turned on and used once haha ...i,m not dumb either so things were plugged in correctly ..going to call mighty small cars tomorrow see what they tell me ..
Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Have you tried re binding it?
CiLyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiLyX View Post
Have you tried re binding it?
I tryed everything ..rebinding it ...strating from scratch ..i,m using an external bec and when ya plug battery in the servo dont do nothing either ..and it does with the sr300 receiver i put back in ..
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I have had spektrum receivers in the past that would loose bind. Sounds typical of nee products being pushed out fast
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

yeah i don,t think it is just the case of losing the bind i tryed everything last night ..gong to mess with it some more today when i get home ..and call horizon in the morning if i have no luck ..
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Have you left it plugged in for longer then just long enough to know it doesn't work? Um having a similar issue with a marine Spektrum rx.. tho if its unplugged an plugged back in, then my servo will get juice first, then 10 seconds later the fxr fires up, then all is well... Never had these issues before, just with this 2ch marine rx.. my dx-3c is compatible with it.. Im not sure the problem, but it works after letting it calibrated or whatever it does..

As for the new tx.. too little too late.. love me Spektrum tx's,, till I needed a 4ch.. so I went with a airtronics mt-4.. haven't looked back nor will I! It's an awesome tx an works amazing! Now to just get some rx's to replace the hale dozen Spektrum I have..

Last edited by winnerone23; 12-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Have you left it plugged in for longer then just long enough to know it doesn't work? Um having a similar issue with a marine Spektrum rx.. tho if its unplugged an plugged back in, then my servo will get juice first, then 10 seconds later the fxr fires up, then all is well... Never had these issues before, just with this 2ch marine rx.. my dx-3c is compatible with it.. Im not sure the problem, but it works after letting it calibrated or whatever it does..

As for the new tx.. too little too late.. love me Spektrum tx's,, till I needed a 4ch.. so I went with a airtronics mt-4.. haven't looked back nor will I! It's an awesome tx an works amazing! Now to just get some rx's to replace the hale dozen Spektrum I have..
yeah your issue is kind of strange to me too my friend ...i havent tryed my new receiver yet tonight yet but i,m going to just to see if it was in fact user error but I am pretty sure it is not we will see what happens ...i,ve never tryed anything but spektrum rx/tx's since 2.4ghz became the way to go so i can't relate on the airtronics or futaba's and such ..i've heard all kinds of good things about each brand and such ..
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Try a new model memory and start fresh. I had to do that once with my DX3R and afterward never had any more issues.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Try a new model memory and start fresh. I had to do that once with my DX3R and afterward never had any more issues.

Really strange but did just this last night and it worked ..i don,t understand i tryed the same thing the night before and no results but again last night and it did ..strange ..
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #32

i am eagerly awaiting some feedback on this handset,

i love my 3s though i have now run out of model memory on it, could be tempted by a 4s if it does dual esc and proportional dig.
darkangelv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelv24 View Post
i am eagerly awaiting some feedback on this handset,

i love my 3s though i have now run out of model memory on it, could be tempted by a 4s if it does dual esc and proportional dig.

it does do dual esc mixing and you set up propo ...
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #34

I better start warming up my credit card then if im going to buy one of these and a HPI WR8 flux.

Any chance of a brief review when you have a chance, a direct comparison with the 3s would be awesome.
darkangelv24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #35

Quote:
I better start warming up my credit card then if im going to buy one of these and a HPI WR8 flux.

Any chance of a brief review when you have a chance, a direct comparison with the 3s would be awesome.
only reason i stopped using my 3r was the lack of momentary aux switches, where you have to hold the switch for it to operate, letting go of the switch returns the position to neutral.

does the dx4 have this?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
only reason i stopped using my 3r was the lack of momentary aux switches, where you have to hold the switch for it to operate, letting go of the switch returns the position to neutral.

does the dx4 have this?
Yeah i,m quite certain you could set up the switch in the grip normally used for steering rate on other dx radios ..i will look into it for you though
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Ill see what information i can dig up for ya bud
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Im thinking about getting this radio and seeing if I can put all the guts in a DX3R case.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #39

It does have dual esc mixing and momentary aux switches.
rclife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #40

Now if they would just make it a 4r pro, would be great.
rclife is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum DX4S Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum dx4s 4-ch dsmr radio system mp3ranger Electronics 14 06-01-2014 05:35 PM