Notices

Thread: New line from Horizon Hobby - Vaterra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #261
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New line from Horizon Hobby - Vaterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
I found this sweet video of it on youtube.

hybridclips.mp4 - YouTube

lol.

Ha thats pretty funny rbgerrish. So I just finished reading through this thread. And while I think the truck has a ton of potential, fear of support, and durability for this truck should be justified. Anyone having owned a LCC and MRC should know this. Like many on here I'm not afraid to mod, change, fabricate, etc.. But, I am afraid of spending $400 on a toy that will not have any useable parts or pieces due to weakness or product support. I would rather not spend $400 on a DX3. Sooooo.......as much as I want to preorder I will wait till I hear the reports of the actual rig.
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #262
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocresq View Post
Ha thats pretty funny rbgerrish. So I just finished reading through this thread. And while I think the truck has a ton of potential, fear of support, and durability for this truck should be justified. Anyone having owned a LCC and MRC should know this. Like many on here I'm not afraid to mod, change, fabricate, etc.. But, I am afraid of spending $400 on a toy that will not have any useable parts or pieces due to weakness or product support. I would rather not spend $400 on a DX3. Sooooo.......as much as I want to preorder I will wait till I hear the reports of the actual rig.
While I agree with you to a certain extent and likely will wait until its been out for a while to hear about weak spots, upgrades, etc. I do think Losi has made some very durable rc's that required little to no upgrades. I had a Losi SCB a while back and did some very minimal upgrades to it and it took a ton of abuse without any complaint. Where the problems are going to happen is when people upgrade to some insanely torquey brushless system. I would say stock, it'll probably be pretty durable.

Assuming this rig takes off in popularity, there'll be aftermarket support for it pretty quick. VP already mentioned parts for it.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #263

First one on ebay I think, or the first I've seen anyway. Just thought I add to the thread.

Vaterra Twin Hammers 1 9 Rock Racer RTR New in Box VTR03000 Crawler Buggy | eBay
johnny4cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #264
Quarry Creeper

This model looks great, there is a lot I really like about it, I think I will be patient and watch what others say about its performance and potential weak points, what I'm really hoping for is axial has something like this soon to be released though.
bikerj08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #265
Pebble Pounder

Ordered mine today, time will tell if it was a waste of time and money,
Doc Harley is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/424662-new-line-horizon-hobby-vaterra.html
Posted By For Type Date
Show Posts - B This thread Refback 03-05-2013 09:32 AM

New line from Horizon Hobby - Vaterra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thumbs up to Horizon Hobby 53 willys Chit Chat 13 05-11-2012 02:14 PM
Horizon Hobby WTF lwb Sami Chit Chat 50 06-23-2011 08:59 PM
Good Horizon Hobby Service (for bad ESC/Rx) JeepinOR Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 06-03-2010 06:23 PM
horizon hobby warranty twisted bender Chit Chat 2 02-01-2010 01:41 PM
Horizon Hobby repair ?'s slobin3d Chit Chat 5 01-21-2008 10:54 PM