Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Looking for my first Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1

Default Looking for my first Crawler

Looking at getting into Rock Crawlers. I feel kinda lost as of what to buy for my first crawler. I'd like to get a RTR that doesnt break the bank, and I can upgrade later. I dont really want to have to buy a bunch of upgrades out of the box to make it decent however. I have a short course truck now so I already have a charger and lipo batteries. I like the looks of the Losi nightcrawler but from what I read it needs some upgrades out of the box. I looked at the wraith but that seems more like a basher than a crawler. The twin hammers kit looks really cool too.

I really like the RC4wd Boyer 1/10 truggy . I'm trying to figure out if I should just bite the bullet and buy that and get a serious crawler instead of upgrading a cheaper one.

CONFUSED! Any advice is appreciated

Last edited by LouisP; 02-06-2013 at 04:17 PM.
LouisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Looking for my first Crawler

Just my thoughts,if you want to do "serious" crawling then "bite the bullit". If you read enough of these post nobody seems to be finished with there rigs
gmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #3

Default Re: Looking for my first Crawler

Thanks for the reply. I have been doing a lot of reading and watching videos. The Losi night crawler looks pretty cool the more I look at it. That wouldnt be a bad choice, and its very affordable.
LouisP is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for my first Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Micro Crawler Crawler-X SMC Plus Chassis Plus A Ton Of Stuff See Video stomper4x4.com Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 05-14-2012 01:31 AM
Difference in AX10, Night Crawler, and Comp Crawler final gear ratios? shelljeep Newbie General 11 02-05-2010 12:48 AM
TCS - Novak Goat Crawler Systems in stock @ TCScrawlers.com - The Crawler Store kevinlongisland Vendors Market 0 09-14-2007 09:34 AM