Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: roll cage help please! (didn't know where to put this, so I put it here :) )

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default roll cage help please! (didn't know where to put this, so I put it here :) )

hey there boys and girls really need some help on building a roll cage!!!

I'd like to say first that I don't have access to or the money for any welding or brazing equipment so metal is out of the question...

I'm trying to find out which is the best building method and material to use. ideally I'd like to use the same plastic the honcho/dingo cage is made from... 8mm nylon rod I think... I know it's moulded but can I get rods of the stuff and screw it together?

or can you guys sudjest another material/method?

I've used styrene in the past but I used ca glue to build it for my mcrc. would styrene be possible?

thanks in advance
lordjasper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: roll cage help please! (didn't know where to put this, so I put it here :) )

Not sure what your budget is but I paid under $50 for my brazing kit. It came with the torch, fuel cylinder and some assorted rod. Once you have it the material isn't that much more expensive than plastic. Just throwing it out there.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #3

Default Re: roll cage help please! (didn't know where to put this, so I put it here :) )

where did you get this kit?
smoedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Cutting, Welding and Brazing Torch Kit | Princess Auto goes on sale for 39.99
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

even a small butane torch will braze. try your local hardware store... I bought a refillable torch a little bigger that a sharpie with a butane bottle for well under $40.... just another option.
s.poortruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
RCC Addict

A butane torch will not get hot enough to melt brass braze rods or safety-silv. You can just get yourself a bottle of MAPP gas and a decent torch head to use with brass and safety-silv. The oxy/mapp setup is gonna run through oxygen pretty fast and you'll be buying bottles every week. I prefer safety-silv, but that can get pricey as well. Brass braze rod is cheaper and will work with some patience and practice.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

roll cage help please! (didn't know where to put this, so I put it here :) ) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not sure where to put this? guncrazy72 Chit Chat 28 08-30-2011 09:43 AM
where to put the baterry ?? davidrodrigues Newbie General 1 09-03-2010 02:42 PM
Where to put the ESC? canadiancralwer Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 01-03-2010 07:19 PM