Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: scx-10 shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #1

Default scx-10 shocks

Right now i have a scx-10 rubicon. Its running stock shocks, and they are dead. Im looking for good crawler shocks. Im more of a crawler and not so much about speed. What would you recommend as good crawler shocks? 90mm to 110mm is a good range
Jeep_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: scx-10 shocks

Actually beleive it or not those SCX10 shocks, are what we in the comp world use all the time. The thing is, you have to break them down if not a kit and make sure that the piston in the shock is smooth.
meaning there is a burr on the piston from the casting process and that will bind up the piston in the cylinder. I use a nice sharp pair of cutters (could also use exacto) to get most of it, but then i sand down the piston to round it out.

Try out the action over and over to get it go flow nicely, can try to get the alum., bodies too, hope this helps.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #3

Thanks! I will try it when i have a chance... it will save a few $$$
Jeep_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
Actually beleive it or not those SCX10 shocks, are what we in the comp world use all the time. The thing is, you have to break them down if not a kit and make sure that the piston in the shock is smooth.
meaning there is a burr on the piston from the casting process and that will bind up the piston in the cylinder. I use a nice sharp pair of cutters (could also use exacto) to get most of it, but then i sand down the piston to round it out.

Try out the action over and over to get it go flow nicely, can try to get the alum., bodies too, hope this helps.
Good advice, also check the seals and o-rings to make sure there in good condition. Make sure you check the oil and change if necessary.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

X2 or 3 on keeping the SCX shocks. I wouldn't even screw with them until you top them up with oil and run them. RC shocks aren't all that great at keeping the wet stuff inside. If you actually see oil dripping, time to re-seal. But some of them just ooze. And always will. My SCX shocks need topping up about every fifth or sixth outing.

Be sure to learn how to bleed the air when filling. Check youtube for videos on RC shock bleeding if you've never done it.

BTW, if anyone knows. I bought my aluminum SCX shocks as complete assemblies with just one part number. Are the plastic bodied shocks also available to purchase that way?

Last edited by Hardline; 03-27-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote

scx-10 shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone use these shocks on their SCX-10? MDcrawler72 Axial SCX-10 2 07-02-2009 09:44 AM