Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: The VOODOOS are here! The VOODOOS are here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: The VOODOOS are here! The VOODOOS are here!

ya today im testing a 5.5 one tuning disc on the outside, soft front, medium rear. I also mounted up the 5.25 with no tuning disc but I added a tuning ring on them, soft front, medium rear. I can tell you tires look much better with this setup and doesnt stretch the tread like in my video but leaves it with more of its natural shape.

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #82
RCC Addict

I would like to know what compound is comparable in softness to the boss claw red dots?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #83
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
I would like to know what compound is comparable in softness to the boss claw red dots?
I also would like to know what compound is comparable in softness to the boss claw red dots? And I also know a couple of other people that do too,but are to shy to ask.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #84
www.ottsix.com

I don't have any red dot BC's on hand...how about you Brandon?
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #85
www.ottsix.com

A lot of drivers have been asking how these compare to Boss Claws. I personally don't have much experience with BC's...I gave 'em a whirl but they didn't work well for my driving style so I only used them a few times then gave them away.

What I can tell you is, other than the fact that these are both pin tires, I can draw very few similarities between the two.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
I don't have any red dot BC's on hand...how about you Brandon?
What's a boss claw?? I'll make a video today.

Lik

:p

Wait... What gate....
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
And I also know a couple of other people that do too,but are to shy to ask.
Too shy to post a question on an internet forum....
Have you been camping with them?
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #88
www.ottsix.com

I just ran an 'out of the box', narrow CI 5.5 med on slw .75 up front with med tuning rings for the first time...very nice! The .75 pulls the foam tight and the tire maintains most of its V shape. Excellent lateral stability and bite.

What's really nice about it is I didn't need to make any foam modifications

The tire isn't nearly as ballooned as it looks in this pix...my camera makes everything look fatter than it really is.

Last edited by crawl-o-matic; 04-10-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #89
RcBros Hobbies

Ur all a bunch of teasers..!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #90
Rock Crawler

Ok here it is the voodoo vs. the red dot boss claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJw...e_gdata_player

Lik
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #91
RcBros Hobbies

Yes but how about some rock crawling side by sides with proper foams in both. Comparing a tuned boss claw to the voodoo.

I can take a bunch of pictures, push a tire till I'm blue, but we want to see the comparisons on the rocks lol.

I'm excited about the tire, but it makes it hard for everyone to decide what they want without some real world driving comparisons. People are often affraid to change.

There is a reason why alot still prefer a broke in Sedona or rover over a boss claw. To alot, the price is hard to bite, so we need to see, compare and show why we need them.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Yes but how about some rock crawling side by sides with proper foams in both. Comparing a tuned boss claw to the voodoo.

I can take a bunch of pictures, push a tire till I'm blue, but we want to see the comparisons on the rocks lol.

I'm excited about the tire, but it makes it hard for everyone to decide what they want without some real world driving comparisons. People are often affraid to change.

There is a reason why alot still prefer a broke in Sedona or rover over a boss claw. To alot, the price is hard to bite, so we need to see, compare and show why we need them.

When the team drivers get theirs, there will be a wealth of information to share. I am a sedona guy myself and have had little luck with BC in Pennsylvania. The team drivers are from all over the US and will be able to give a good overview of how they handle in their area and types of rocks used on.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Brandon is doing the best he can given he is under nuke threat from North Korea.

Once the tires hit the states Ottsix has a great team of drivers that will be providing all the info needed for the consumer to make an informed decision as to if these tires are for them or not.

Thanks,
Chris
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #94
www.ottsix.com

I asked Brandon to give a quick low down video because I was getting a lot questions about how the two line up. He didn't have time to do a side by side crawling set up...but I think the information he gave is a very good starting point.

Thanks Brandon!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #95
RcBros Hobbies

Please don't take it as criticism guys, that is not the case. Just getting ansy is all.

Kinda like rooting for a football team, I get loud when excited lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #96
RCC Addict

That's where I'm at, these voodoos have alot of compound choices, and I'm not going to spend that much until I have more comparison info. Boss claws are my top tire, I love the 5.35 height, and the way the rubber flakes when they are broke in. In general I love pin tires for there consistance and lak of bounce. I've tried just about every pin out there (AKA I beams, HB blocks, and HB Khaos) and the boss claws where the best for me hands down!!! I would like to try these tires, but I want a better idea of the compound, so I know what I need!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Hey Hey Hey, you calm down guy! LOL! I only have so much time in a day.
Yes this was just a quick review, I honestly got rid of my Boss Claws when the voodoos arrived, they are too easy to sell in Korea, everyone wants them lol. However I will get plenty of video for everyone sunday at our comp 30 guys and I guarantee half of them are probably using claws atleast on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
When the team drivers get theirs, there will be a wealth of information to share. I am a sedona guy myself and have had little luck with BC in Pennsylvania. The team drivers are from all over the US and will be able to give a good overview of how they handle in their area and types of rocks used on.
Yes, This teams drivers are going to review and compare the hell out of these tires lol, We have some very experienced guys and Im positive theyll give you guys what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Brandon is doing the best he can given he is under nuke threat from North Korea.

Once the tires hit the states Ottsix has a great team of drivers that will be providing all the info needed for the consumer to make an informed decision as to if these tires are for them or not.

Thanks,
Chris
Yep! Threat under N. Korea, 1 year old, 3 year old, wife that wont fly back to the states without me. Im mission essential I have to stay here and I got a comp on sunday lol. So..... Im trying with what time I have lol.

LIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
I asked Brandon to give a quick low down video because I was getting a lot questions about how the two line up. He didn't have time to do a side by side crawling set up...but I think the information he gave is a very good starting point.

Thanks Brandon!
Yep. Initial reviews are crucial to lots, and they wanted to see them on the same wheel side by side. Like I said Ill get a running video on sunday.

LIK

Quote:
Please don't take it as criticism guys, that is not the case. Just getting ansy is all.

Kinda like rooting for a football team, I get loud when excited lol.
Well u calm down lol, they are coming haha. Youve been all over them bro, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
That's where I'm at, these voodoos have alot of compound choices, and I'm not going to spend that much until I have more comparison info. Boss claws are my top tire, I love the 5.35 height, and the way the rubber flakes when they are broke in. In general I love pin tires for there consistance and lak of bounce. I've tried just about every pin out there (AKA I beams, HB blocks, and HB Khaos) and the boss claws where the best for me hands down!!! I would like to try these tires, but I want a better idea of the compound, so I know what I need!
Soon they will hit the team and im running the heck out of them currently by that time we will see some wear on the tread, but again wait until the whole team gets them, im just filling the void for you anxious rc addicted fools!

LIK
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #98
WOOPOOW!!

Wish I could have stayed with the team and kept up with the comp stuff but at the time with all the personal issues I had going on I couldnt keep up with it.

Getting another 2.2 pro together, cannot wait to pick a set of these up. I had been excited to run them at the time of the team announcement and am still just as excited. Keep up the good work guys
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ur all a bunch of teasers..!
Pot...Kettle.... Black much?
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Pot...Kettle.... Black much?
Racist
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote