Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #1

Default RC4WD Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis

Ok so with it getting closer to the summer I figured I would look into doing another build. before I do I was wondering if anyone has or had one of these RC4WD Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis? Along with this anyone have ideas on what suspension, drivetrain, and wheels and tires I should go with. Im going to take and use my axial 55T crawler motor off of my "Clone of the Beast" project that I built over the winter. Along with that I am going to add a new ESC due to my old factory esc got wet. This time I am adding a Novak Eiger Crawling Brushed ESC.

So any ideas are welcome on this.
HCfirefighter09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC4WD Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis

Well I can give a little advice, Never ran one before but I have a custom one of a kind chassis that was built by a member here on rcc and it was for a bronco body and it made the rig a little more on the heavy side and with that said I would run some beefy drivelines like the MIP's or some Punishers

As for suspension rc4wd has some bada$$ shocks in all different sizes and variations, Not sure what length you'll need and i'm sure someone well chime in to help out with that or you can hit up rc4wd and see if you can get some info off them.

Same with the shocks theres so many different kinds of rims and tires out there you should just do some research and see what kind of rims and tires you would like to be on your rig and I guess it depends on what kind of axles your putting under it also.

Hope this helps some

Jason
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Iam building a boyer as we speak i will be posting build pics soon
blumaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would run a complete axial drivetrain and maybe a rc4wd 2-speed tranny for the scx. I like the t-Rex axles but unless you buy the aluminum ones and fill them with goodies they fail. I've kicked around the idea of doing this with a timber wolf.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumaro View Post
Iam building a boyer as we speak i will be posting build pics soon
I cant wait to see the pics or that build. I ordered my chassis yesterday along with another set of Integy 10H Beadlock Type 1.9 wheels all terrain tires from ckrccrawlers. I had these on my other build that I did, when I took a knock off axial AX-10 and turned it into a clone of the "Beast" that DJMedic has. I still havent decided on my shocks because of where i will be running my rig at. I need something that will give me plenty of stroke but not make my rig so tall that it is easy to flip over. For my axles I am looking at a set of axial wraith axles to fit under it. Everything else is still up in the air on what parts to get.

Last edited by HCfirefighter09; 05-10-2013 at 09:03 AM.
HCfirefighter09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #6

Hi im also about to order one myself (the boyer) but this is my first rig. Any idea what body should i buy? With very minimum modification. Prefer a hard body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eriklai_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

In order to make the build as easy as possible, you should use the recommended Tamiya hard bodies (Tundra, Hilux, F350) or RC4WD's own Mojave Hilux body. The RC4WD body has a cabin back included, so is probably the best bet.

I'm kinda thinking about a Boyer now for my scaler project. I want something that can pass as a scaler but can also crawl well, the truggies look ideal. Bit on the steep side compared to a Gelande II though, and more plastic on it...can't figure that out, surely the Boyer should be cheaper than the TF2 and GII?
Foxy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

The only plastic on the Boyer truggys the axle case, it's more expensive because its a tube welded chassis not just stamped rails. Its got better drive shafts, winch, etc Its also fully adjustable as fas as mounts, WB, bumpers etc. this is why it's more expensive. Its a great rig no matter how you look at it and truggys crawl great and it can be easily changed or modified to fit any body not just the Tamiya hardbodies.

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd Boyer truggy chassis questions XJkid93 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 12-01-2017 11:55 AM
RC4WD Boyer Truggy spec. vilbaz.com General Scale Talk 0 01-18-2012 01:32 PM
Boyer 1/10 Scale Truggy Chassis questions KarlP General Scale Talk 1 12-29-2011 07:42 PM