RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   axial coming out with a MOA comp crawler anytime soon? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/444704-axial-coming-out-moa-comp-crawler-anytime-soon.html)

champ198 05-14-2013 02:00 PM

axial coming out with a MOA comp crawler anytime soon?

they had the xr-10 for a while and now it's no longer offered I see. I was wondering if there is anyone in "the know" that has heard if they are planning on a new MOA comp style crawler?

xCoolHandLukex 05-14-2013 07:47 PM

Re: axial coming out with a MOA comp crawler anytime soon?

I heard there coming out with a motor on wheel hydraulic drive with 4 wheel independent control, self righting gyro, tires with adjustable width, height and compound, the esc weighs 2grams, the chassis is made from decommissioned Russian space shuttle steel. It's got 4 wheel coordinated or crab steer with servos so strong they have to be measured in lbs not oz. It comes with four cameras that feed to a special set of glasses so you can comp from afar. The motors aren't brushless there anti gravity and run off helium francium batteries. It's water, lava, vacuum and radiation proof. The controller is a 2.4 with touchscreen no buttons and each one is blessed on the solstice moon by an Inuit shaman. But a guy on RCsparks told me the drive shafts are weak and I read on URC the Traxxas summit is a better crawler and basher.

Seriously though I would like to know I almost bought an XR but they got discontinued. If I could find a cheap roller I might start a build but was hoping they might come out with something else.

KJ10 05-14-2013 07:50 PM

I believe it will have a 5.8GHz radio, actually.

xCoolHandLukex 05-15-2013 08:51 AM

You can see the laser beam going from the transmitter to the receiver lol

Calderwood 05-15-2013 09:25 AM

Harley said no recently. But dlux has his axles for sale and there may be another axle offering coming soon from someone else...

jollyjeeper 05-19-2013 12:36 PM

Wish they would. I got sidetracked from crawlers during the XR craze and missed out. I would love to find a NIB kit as I hate the thought of working on something that someone else has monkey'd with. I have about 20 different rc's and mainly enjoy building them. I wish all manufacturers made kits available.

Gonzo80 05-19-2013 12:49 PM

In the works. Start saving your money.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

jollyjeeper 05-19-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo80 (Post 4327986)
In the works. Start saving your money.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Uh, kinda sceptical of your assurance. Any further details you could provide?

damnplumber 06-08-2013 08:25 AM

I heard from tech support at Axial that it is commoing soon (whatever that means)

Harley 06-08-2013 10:02 AM

I have no special insight to it at all. Just if I was to guess in would say there isn't anything coming. Using recent comp numbers as evidence, you would be safe to say the comp scene is not growing. XR sales weren't as good as hoped or it would not have been discontinued.

I see no reason they would don't over again.

Hope I'm wrong. Love my XR, would love to have something spark my passion in the comp scene again. Right now it doesn't really excite me.

sally1800 06-08-2013 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Harley;4354111
would love to have something spark my passion in the comp scene again. Right now it doesn't really excite me.[/QUOTE]

Build a Berg again. "thumbsup"

lemonhead 06-08-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sally1800 (Post 4354160)
Build a Berg again. "thumbsup"

have someone build you another rig since you dont have the skills to do it on your own.

as Saydee always says

bought not built:flipoff:
dont worry brian theres no shame in having others do you builds

Postclanker 06-08-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonhead (Post 4354455)

bought not built:flipoff:
dont worry brian theres no shame in having others do you builds

Yes there is....:roll:

jollyjeeper 06-08-2013 08:27 PM

I just don't understand why comping has declined. Is it due to over regulation by the powers that be? Cost? I can't imagine it would be cost, the scale stuff has to be expensive. There must have been a turning point of some sort. Scale is cool, but just like in 1:1 there are guys like me that all out performance is what it's all about. I've never comped before, but I am now in the process of going all in and plan on starting to put all my resources towards it. I admit that after spending years of lurking on here, some of the attitudes of some competitors is quite intimidating. I'm gonna build my AX and give it a shot. It would be great if interest increased in performance instead of looks and the manufacturers would jump back in like when Axial peaked a few short years ago.

craddock35 06-09-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyjeeper (Post 4354666)
I just don't understand why comping has declined. Is it due to over regulation by the powers that be? Cost? I can't imagine it would be cost, the scale stuff has to be expensive. There must have been a turning point of some sort. Scale is cool, but just like in 1:1 there are guys like me that all out performance is what it's all about. I've never comped before, but I am now in the process of going all in and plan on starting to put all my resources towards it. I admit that after spending years of lurking on here, some of the attitudes of some competitors is quite intimidating. I'm gonna build my AX and give it a shot. It would be great if interest increased in performance instead of looks and the manufacturers would jump back in like when Axial peaked a few short years ago.

None of the guys I crawl with will do comps. We tried it one time and at 20+ just to enter the comp plus travel expenses to get to where the comp was it cost us over 100 each just to be in the comp. That is crazy especially when we have areas just as good and better close by that we can go to for next to nothing. We have thought about making our own comps and charge nothing to enter but do a traveling trophy type deal or just bragging rights. Nothing lost if you lose and still the same winning feeling if you win. "thumbsup"

ik632 06-09-2013 05:03 PM

Seems like less people are interested in the MOA stuff these days and going more towards the Wraith/scale type thing. I sold my XR10 but it wasn't because it was discontinued, it was because the competition was so incredibly tough that you needed to build a $1000 to even finish all of the courses. Maybe I'm just a bad driver, but at the last 2.2 pro comp when I didn't finish a single of the 3 courses with my relatively stock XR10 it told me that it was time for something else. I'm sure more practice and tweaking could have helped, but a lot of that stuff you have to do in a comp type environment.

Olle P 06-10-2013 01:52 AM

Is the XR10 really discontinued?
It's not listed as such by Axial...

1r3land 06-10-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle P (Post 4356179)

Yes it is. Anywhere I have seen online u can purchase it says discontinued

Calderwood 06-10-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle P (Post 4356179)

It's also not in the legacy section...

JeremyH 06-10-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ik632 (Post 4355641)
...it was because the competition was so incredibly tough that you needed to build a $1000 to even finish all of the courses.

You dont need anything but practice...