Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Shock Springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Shock Springs

I am curious why Comp Crawlers use springs at all. Can someone help me? This is what I know. Without springs on the shocks you lower your CG. Crawlers are not fast so that do not need the springs for rebound purposes at speed. Springs as best I can tell just maintain your ride height. I ask because I have been running a sub 4lb T1E Spcial Ops with XR10 axles and I had SCX shocks on it with springs, but I got tired of filling them with oil everytime I wanted to use the rig so I bought a set of Velvets from Super Shafty (Awesome shocks BTW) but I was having issues getting a spring that would work with such a light rig. I got frusterated and wanted to run so I just didn't put any springs on and took it to the rocks. I was very pleased at the lines I could pull that I had previously not been able to pull. Now I know some of you are going to say use pen springs or Pinks, Golds or whatever and thats not what I am asking. I just want to know the pros and cons of not running springs and if there is an advantage to running springs, what is it? There are chassis out there such as the Mantis which only has front shocks, or iota's chassis that uses none. Well, None is kind of like having shocks to limit the travel but no springs right? Well, I can't wait to see the responces that come in. If this question has been posted elsewhere please direct me to it but I have been navigating this site for about 3 hours looking and haven't found anything other than semi droop and full droop but they don't answer the question as to why there are or aren't springs on the shocks.
electraglidebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Shock Springs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shock springs? Cycleeric EnRoute Berg 5 10-20-2011 09:28 AM
shock springs mikeytlt 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 10-09-2008 02:28 PM
Shock springs Echodawg General Crawlers 0 09-23-2007 12:32 PM
Shock Springs Ax-10Canadian Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 09-15-2007 08:56 PM
K2-3L/shock springs Mongo Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 03-27-2007 09:57 PM