Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: JSLICK Class 2 LOCKED UP RC FI spool midseason tuneup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: JSLICK Class 2 LOCKED UP RC FI spool midseason tuneup

Jslick, I noticed that you where using the axial universals too, how did you get the axle-shaft tangs in the FI spool? Fo the rear axle I just hammered my straight axle-shafts in place, but I feel that I I do the same thing to the universals up front I'm just going to end up destroying them. I think I might use a wire wheel on the dremel to remove the chrome coating on the axial universals. That might just give me a pressure fit, not a hammer fit like in the back axle .

PS: Since I got a fit of the axle-shaft that is so tight in the rear locker, do you have any suggestions on how to remove the axle-shaft from the locker, because I really don't know how I'm going to do it
TrailAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I tapped the axial cvds in also, I have a hard rubber mallet I used. To pull them apart if I ever have to I will probally apply some heat to them. To do that I would have to take the cvs stubs off. Glad to help any way I can. Make sure your bearings are good. I like to run the rubber sealed bearings all through my scaler.

Last edited by Jslick; 09-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Nice , I happen to have a rubber mallet too, I will put it to good use . The bearings will definately be swapped for now fast eddy's before I force the axle-shafts in. Keep us updated on the removal of the axle-shafts. I'm not as experienced as you are so I will probably wait for you to show me how to pull them appart. When the time comes, a step by step tutorial would me great . Have a good time scalin'
Old 09-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I am hoping to not have to pull them apart until the winter time. I just put new bearings in so I should be good for some time. When I pull them apart, I'll make sure to get pics.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Hey, Jslick,

I have a question for you, did you have any trouble closing the front axle after you installed the front axle shafts (Axial CVDs in my case, same setup as you if I remember correctly). Because after hammering the axle shafts in the locker (without the CV joint assembled to avoid breaking it) it tried to fit the locker/ring gear/axle shafts assembly in the axle, the outer bearings wouldn’t line-up correctly with the grooves in the axles . My theory is that I accidentally hammered the axle shafts too deep inside the locker. So I basically need the pull them out for my rig to be functional again. I think I will try to go to my local hobby shop to see the owner and seek advice (He is a founding member of our towns scale club). I also thought about going to see a machinist that has experience and that probably has tools that are more suited to the task.

Thanks

JSLICK Class 2 LOCKED UP RC FI spool midseason tuneup - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Locked Up RC - FI Spool Locked Up Locked Up RC 121 04-26-2017 10:20 AM
Locked Up RC - FI Spool Locked Up General Crawlers 3 07-05-2013 08:00 PM
traxxas slash 4x4 spool or no spool? Oregon crawler Formula Offroad 12 03-17-2012 02:02 PM
Axial AX10 Locked Axle Set and Locked Transmission Xtant3150c General Crawlers 13 07-22-2007 01:39 PM