Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How much weight should I add to beadlock wheels on the axial ridgecrest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default How much weight should I add to beadlock wheels on the axial ridgecrest?

Hello,
I have will be getting an axial ax-10 ridgecrest and turning it into a crawler and how much weight should I add to the front tires. I am putting axial 2.2 beadlocks wheels with hot Bodies rovers on it, with soft compound. Now I will be using stock servo with about 138 oz. not a great servo, just stock as-3. Should I put 1 or 2 oz. in each wheel. No I not upgrade the servo till it burns out, but what would you recommend, I need a second opinion. - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
In the band for now.

Default Re: How much weight should I add to beadlock wheels on the axial ridgecrest?

not trying to be rude but in your previous posts you said you own every axial vehicle except the Exo, & that you and your friend actually did comparisons on different trucks and climbing / crawling.

having done that it should give you a good idea about traction & weight placement. most people run different weights on there rigs, so maybe a little trial and error to get your desired set up..

also most, if not all of your questions have been covered numerous times in the Rig Specific Threads I.E. Ridgecrest. a little searching and reading goes a long way and 9 times out of 10 you'll find your answer fairly quickly.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: How much weight should I add to beadlock wheels on the axial ridgecrest?

different strokes for different folks...your gonna get pretty brutally honest opinions and recommendations for sure and im no different and that's what I like about this site...I don't want someone to beat around the bush. with that said ive put 6 ounces in each front wheel and 4 ounces in each rear wheel before with 1.9 scaler rigs but that's what I like and its what im used to. ive put less in different wheels so that I can have different weight for different conditions. when its come to 2.2 comp style rigs ive had a lot more weight than what ive used in 1.9 because im insane and I like to have the wheel planted and heavy. with all that said im gonna agree with lemonhead and say that trial by error is gonna be what is gonna have to work. different weight is gonna be different for your style of driving compared to the next guy. ive not been shy and have asked other guys out there crawling if I can see how there setup responds to my driving style and then asked how much weight they run and im surprised that some run very close to what im running. I know that the lead weight is expensive but then again we are in an expensive hobby so that may be the least of your worries. best of luck to you and I hope you find that magic setup because when you d you will definitely see the potential of that rig.
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If going to be crawler only, I use 6oz in each front and 3oz in each rear, but like Lemon and Droopy said, trial and error, personal preference and rig setup(lots of variables).
KRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thank you I realize I have been asking the questions over and over again, just want to learn and get a second opinion from you guys, but sorry if I am bothering you on hear. I already fixed the problem the other day with the weight and I wont ask the questions again unless I have to, so I just bought some weight rings from axial or stick on lead weights, I am not to worried about the money, due to selling older things, but anyway I appreciate your opinion about my post's. - axial 4x4 crawler
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

yeah well for know I will just put 3 oz. in each well for the front and at least 1 oz. in the back. I already found a way for a Hitec HS-7980TH w/ 611 oz. so it should pull more weight and when I get that I plan on 6 oz. on each front tire and 3 oz. in each rear tire, as Droopysgarage said, I took that idea thank you,
- axial 4x4 crawler

How much weight should I add to beadlock wheels on the axial ridgecrest? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Add weight wheels with less loss of power... nut_up_racing Tires and Wheels 19 11-26-2011 04:50 PM
Stock wheels - no beadlock? Weight option? rctoyguy Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 8 07-14-2009 09:28 AM
Using lead tape to add weight to wheels. Khador12 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 12-26-2008 10:41 PM