Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #1

Default My tuber

Hey guys I've been a member here for years now but I spend most of my time lurking in the shadows and checking out your guys nice rigs! I've been out of the crawling scene for about 2 years and got the bug again. I built my crawler back before these things got so popular! My crawler has had LOTS of trail time and has been through all kinds of changes in its 5 years of life. This is my current setup and I've been very happy with it. I've got about 15 hours of drive time with it how it sits in the pictures. Limiting the rear suspension with the short rc4wd shocks helped a lot on the rocks but I'm looking for some recommendations on a shock that will give me about the same ride height but more stroke. Im running internally sprung front and rear. Also I like the scaleish look. Obviously its not an all out scaler but I like to try and keep it more realistic which brings me to my next question. Things have come a long way in the rc crawler tire world since I bought my panthers. I really like the looks of the rok lox but I dont want to sacrifice any performance for a more scale tire. What do you guys think would be a good more scale tire? I have 0 complaints with my panthers and love how I get tire wrap when they are really gripping. Also I feel like my motor or batterys are on the tail end of their life span so I was considering switching to brushless but I dont know anything about it and it looks like it can get expensive fast with new esc, motor, battery, and charger. Is my rooster/55 turn setup comparable to the brushless setups? I'm all about slow crawling and control. Love the forum guys and glad to see it progressing. My main goal in starting this thread is to get my post count up so I can get into the for sale section lol. Does a mod want to be nice and wave the 25 post rule so I can save some money lol

Heres some picks from my backyard this morning. Fun was cut short today with a busted upper four link mount on the front axle.

eganracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #2

Default Re: My tuber

looks alright, not a bad effort! what did you use to build your chassis?
dcharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #3

Looks good, gotta love homebuilt rigs!
Yardracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 AM   #4
www.ottsix.com

Very cool
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks nice, got a few zip ties there.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #6

lol yeah one too many zip ties. they've been reduced to just the black side panels. I need to sit down one day and make some decent panels and mounts. Its made out of brake line. A little ruff now but still works. Raised my upper link mounts and set the lowers more inboard trying to reduce torque flex and playing with anti squat. Also switched the rear shocks from internal to externally sprung with dual springs like how rc4wd sends them but with 1/16 traxxas slash soft springs on top. Extended the front lower links to get a better angle on the axle c's hoping it will help my turning radius. So far so good.
eganracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Looks good keep up the good work built is always better than bought especially to learn
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote

My tuber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 Tuber, Lundchassis tuber, Titan, Comanche... Scale G-Flix contest aqwik69 Videos! 3 04-17-2013 03:08 PM
8 Trucks mudding: Timberwolf Ford F350 Proline Tuber Intergy tuber Wraith MAN Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 04-26-2012 05:08 PM