Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: exo or wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default exo or wraith

I have a red cat rs10 for crawling and now am wanting something else for higher speeds I'm either going to buy a wraith or a exo the wraith you can still crawl a little bit but Idk if I want a exo that is brushless and that will flat out run but you can't really crawl with it I was just wanting some other peoples opinions
dlawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: exo or wraith

The exo is a pure speed machine. It could be made to crawl but that is not what it was designed for.
The wraith is the best of both worlds just be prepared to spend some $ to get it to where it will be reliable and do both. I always say run it the way it is and upgrade as things break or you see what direction you would prefer to go. ie crawling or speed runs. Both are really fun rigs!!! I have both but use them for their intended purposes.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

WRAITH for the win
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I loved my exo, but it was a pain to work on, the cage is always in the way for no matter what you want to do.

I also found it to be too heavy to race, and it liked to either bind or throw dog bones. For a high speed basher, I would vote for wraith.
arbitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Why not look at the twin hammers? It's the flavor of the month for folks that wanna mess with rocks, but still need to speed around too. It's a fabulous solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Enjoy!
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jado6006 View Post
Why not look at the twin hammers? It's the flavor of the month for folks that wanna mess with rocks, but still need to speed around too. It's a fabulous solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Enjoy!
Blah... I have yet to find a true passion for my Twin Hammers. The Wraith has always been a truck that I truly like to work on and drive.

I would buy a Wraith over any other RC currently on the market.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I have both a Wraith and an Exo. I really like driving and working on the Wraith. The Exo is a love-hate relationship.

The front toe blocks on the Exo is pretty exposed and low to the ground. You hit one little rock and you end up with a bent toe block and a broken bulkhead. This is even an upgraded toe block.

To work on the Exo you need to remove the cage which involved removing 4 hood screws, 2 front shock screws, 2 lower rear shock screws and the 14 screws that hold the cage to the chassis.

Putting the battery in the Exo is a pain in the butt due to a vertical post in the hole where the battery has to be inserted to get it into the battery tray. If you have a hot or burning Lipo, you just cover the Exo with sand since there is no safe way to remove the battery. I carry a pair of diagonal cutters just in case of fire so I can cut the battery wires if I can do it safely.

On the plus side the Exo is a real blast to drive fast and makes the time an d money to fix mostly worth it.

The Wraith on the other hand doesn't really take a lot of work to keep it going. It just goes and goes. It takes 12 screws to remove to drop the skid. You can access the electronics and servos without having to do that. The Wraith will take a lot rougher terrain without damaging it. With the Wraith you can go brushless and get both crawling and fast speed for the trails.

If you can' decide then get both.

Last edited by k7zpj; 08-26-2013 at 06:30 PM.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

exo or wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EXO-Wraith....? Diesel-tech Chit Chat 12 01-31-2013 12:33 PM
Wraith or Exo? BoardN88 Axial Wraith 30 03-24-2012 10:23 PM