RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   sawback or dingo? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/465265-sawback-dingo.html)

crazy nick 10-11-2013 08:34 AM

sawback or dingo?

I'm gonna be house bound for the next few months so It will be a good time to build a new kit. So far it will go as follows:
1) airtronics rds8000 tx/rx
2) holmes wp esc
3) integy 35t lathe motor
4) hitec wp 645 servo

Now I just need to decide on the kit. I know the dingo is proven and a ton of parts out there. However this gmade looks real serious and price is good. Plus the gmade is new so it will get a ton of attention during gtgs ugh, i stink at decisions. Any opinions?

)

mammoth 10-11-2013 11:17 AM

Re: sawback or dingo?

Hard to have a opinion about something no one has seen yet... You can get the dingo now and start building the sawback welll who knows...

crazy nick 10-11-2013 12:57 PM

True, then I can have my own opinion.8)

fitisbamg 10-11-2013 10:22 PM

I got a 645, way to weak. Mines hardwired to the battery (using 2s) id imagine its putting out 130-150oz.-in. So im looking into 300+ oz servos. Or dual 645s...at least with my weighted plastic 2.2 rims with cut foams. I'd imagine a 1.9 rig with metal rims and weights will probably give you the same resistance...

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy nick (Post 4508572)
I'm gonna be house bound for the next few months so It will be a good time to build a new kit. So far it will go as follows:
1) airtronics rds8000 tx/rx
2) holmes wp esc
3) integy 35t lathe motor
4) hitec wp 645 servo

Now I just need to decide on the kit. I know the dingo is proven and a ton of parts out there. However this gmade looks real serious and price is good. Plus the gmade is new so it will get a ton of attention during gtgs ugh, i stink at decisions. Any opinions?

)

boosted4lyf 10-11-2013 10:28 PM

The dingo, or any scx10, is already a proven platform. granted the sawback looks like it has taken alot of cues from the scx based rigs. i would start with the scx10 personally there are tons of great threads and tech info on the truck. You can also get em pretty decently priced right now at RPP, Tower also has some great coupons and does the flex pay thing if youre on a budget.
as for a servo, i would look into the hitec 5995 or 7995 not too hard on the wallet, and plenty of torque to get you by.

1r3land 10-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boosted4lyf (Post 4509306)
The dingo, or any scx10, is already a proven platform. granted the sawback looks like it has taken alot of cues from the scx based rigs. i would start with the scx10 personally there are tons of great threads and tech info on the truck. You can also get em pretty decently priced right now at RPP, Tower also has some great coupons and does the flex pay thing if youre on a budget. as for a servo, i would look into the hitec 5995 or 7995 not too hard on the wallet, and plenty of torque to get you by.

X2
Buy a better servo than 645... That's to weak!
7955 would be good
Better to spend the little extra $ up front rather than burn up the 645s cause they are to weak.

AddictedtoRC1 10-13-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy nick (Post 4508572)
However this gmade looks real serious and price is good. Plus the gmade is new so it will get a ton of attention during gtgs ugh, i stink at decisions.

The attention won't mean diddly if the rig doesn't perform. Go with an SCX based rig. More then enough options and support.

crazy nick 10-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 (Post 4510437)
The attention won't mean diddly if the rig doesn't perform. Go with an SCX based rig. More then enough options and support.

True didn't even think of that. Thanks Addicted

OFFROADRCKOREA 10-13-2013 01:19 PM

I agree with addicted parts everywhere for an scx. Plus gmade isnt known for their quaility component rigs but I would take a stock rtr scx out of the box and whip some ass lol. Its all about the driver lol. Axial parts arent great for the long run either but they def get the job done when needed.

Thanks,
ORK

crazy nick 10-15-2013 01:03 PM

Well decided to go with the Jeep Wrangler rtr. I cannot beat the price. All the $ I save can go towards upgrades.:)

ROWDY RACING 10-15-2013 02:09 PM

Sawback body on scx platform...

crazy nick 10-15-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4513026)
Sawback body on scx platform...

★Military style ★

stevem50 01-01-2014 01:56 PM

i just got done comparing the two.. i have both with identical servo, motor, esc, and programming in esc. in the woods on steep trails and in deep rocks, the sawback was easier to drive and made difficult lines where the scx needed multiple tries. that said, the scx has more articulation and travel, but the saw felt more planted and stable. this is even after much suspension tuning on the scx, and straight outta the box setup on the saw..( i did one mod, added anti-wrap bars, but they limit travel even more)

now the drawbacks to the sawback... no slipper clutch, and limited options on "off the shelf" parts. its a good truck and worth serious consideration.

CodesEmpire 01-02-2014 09:54 PM

I've personally seen a few build videos on the new sawback and one thing a few people have said is they really like how every thing is held together with a nut on the other side. Your not screwing into plastic, but the draw back they all said they didnt like was the fact the sawback is all phillips heads. If your like me you really like the hex heads a lot. They are easy to work with, and your used to it. There are a limit of parts to that you can find, but I'm sure with them flying off the shelf, they are bound to produce some stuff for them soon.

It's a tough one. I personally want a sawback just cause I don't have one and it looks awesome. That's me. Good luck on your choice.

OTHGbronco82 01-02-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy nick (Post 4508856)
True, then I can have my own opinion.8)

No you can't. This is the internet.