Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wraith Torque Twist Help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

Default Wraith Torque Twist Help!!

Hey Guys

I've been messing with my custom wraith and i'm getting really sick of the chassis/torque twist. I've messed with the shocks quite a bit (adding thicker oil and different springs) and i added some custom anti-sway bars. Everything has helped but there is still quite a bit of TT. I'm running a tekin Pro4 3300 w/mmp on 3s. Overdrive HD gears in front and stock gearing HDs in rear. I run droop w/ softer springs and heavy oil. I do have a steel tube chassis that is a bit heavier so that probably doesn't help either. I don't know much about anti-squat and moving the links to help with the TT so i could really use some help. i have some pics of my current setup so if anyone has some ideas on what i could do i would greatly appreciate it. I also might make a custom skid plate in the future so i can change the location of the link mounts if that would help too.
Attached Images

maddrgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: Wraith Torque Twist Help!!

wraith axles, torque twist, and pumkin side.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

I will try to flip just my rear axle housing. I have a long rear end so that should help a lot with the drive line angle. Other than that nothing in there really helped. I've switched ring gears and flipped axle housings but nothing has made much of a difference. I did put the pumpkins on the opposite side of the twist to have the weight help with keeping the tire down and that helped a bit but i need to do something that is more substantial. Did you find anything that helped?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 AM   #4

I can't flip the rear housing yet because i don't have the right axle trusses. After thinking about it and reading all sorts of TT posts on here i don't think it would make much of a difference though. Maybe if you had gears on one side of the tranny so the drive lines would spin in opposite directions that would help.

Last edited by maddrgonzo; 10-31-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think the length of your trailing arms is your biggest problem. That's a hell of a lever to try and control. Stiffer springs and thicker oil can only do so much. Have you tried attaching your sway bars to the trailing arms to get the bars that attach in more of a vertical position? That may help some, but i'm not positive.
jeepinkid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #6

Yeah the length helps in a lot of situations but does have some drawbacks. I will attach the sway bars to the trialing arms though like I did on the front and test it out. It looks like i can bring the top of the shocks in about 1/4" so i will try that out too. Probably could do a stiffer sway bar as well. Everything helps.

Wraith Torque Twist Help!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wraith axles, torque twist, and pumkin side. STANG KILLA SS Axial Wraith 42 05-11-2015 12:14 AM
torque twist! dhyde79 Newbie General 36 09-30-2009 07:20 PM
torque twist renzo Newbie General 8 08-09-2009 07:47 PM
Torque Twist? Mini Newbie General 3 12-13-2008 10:19 PM
torque twist m2000speedster Tamiya TLT Crawlers 4 12-26-2006 02:41 PM