Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Looking for some advice on next purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Looking for some advice on next purchase

Trying to get back into the hobby and am looking to buy something to go with my SCX10. Figure I'll use the Honcho as a more scale rig, and I want something I can just bash around the yard, street, occasional rock, etc.

I'm still wanting to stay with Axial unless something else meets my needs. I'm looking at the Wraith or Exo Terra.

Needs:

Has to be able to put up with a brushless on 3s. More than likely will be going with a MMP and either the 4600 or 5700 motor.

Will be used mostly for street running, in the yard, and occasionally some rocks/jumps.

Must be in kit form. No interest in the RTR stuff. I know the Exo kit seems to be discontinued but you can still find them. Any reason they are no longer making them?

I'm really looking for something with a scale appearance, hence why I want Axial.

So what do you guys think? Wraith or Exo?
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Looking for some advice on next purchase

what about the ax10 deadboldt?
chazekxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

im not sure about the EXO but when I had my Wraith it had a traxxas vxl system in it running 3s all the time, the wraith was bone stock and after about a week of jumping/back flips the only thing I broke was the steering knuckle... so I would say with some mods it could handle it all!
rc2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post
Trying to get back into the hobby and am looking to buy something to go with my SCX10. Figure I'll use the Honcho as a more scale rig, and I want something I can just bash around the yard, street, occasional rock, etc.

I'm still wanting to stay with Axial unless something else meets my needs. I'm looking at the Wraith or Exo Terra.

Needs:

Has to be able to put up with a brushless on 3s. More than likely will be going with a MMP and either the 4600 or 5700 motor.

Will be used mostly for street running, in the yard, and occasionally some rocks/jumps.

Must be in kit form. No interest in the RTR stuff. I know the Exo kit seems to be discontinued but you can still find them. Any reason they are no longer making them?

I'm really looking for something with a scale appearance, hence why I want Axial.

I have a couple videos for ya!

Which one looks more appealing to you?

TuffNStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i would say wraith is what you looking for. the ax10 deadbolt has the ridgecrest chassis and i dont think it would handle what you looking to do. granted i ran mine pretty fast and jumped it quite a bit trying to break something but the wraith is designed more for the rock racer crowd, like your wanting to do, and you can get some jeep or bronco or even seen a blazer body for them easier to get a scale look then the deadbolt. and with the wraith i would get some aluminum knuckles and chubs and links to stand some of the beating. and with the exo i dont think you would get much rock crawling out of it. it has a pretty low stance. but i could be wrong im not too familiar with the exos
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG74683 View Post

Needs:

I would go with the Wrath with a MMP and Tekin Roc 412 3100 motor.
You can go fast and still be able to crawl.

The Exo is a go fast buggy that isn't meant for crawling. The Exo has some issues with bending toe blocks and hinge pins. But it is a really fun rig.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'll probably grab the Wraith then. Tower's Easy Pay is too attractive anyways (is there any catch to this?). Not that I don't have the cash, but with Christmas coming up I'd rather be paying over a period of time.

Any word on a new Axial Exo kit? Seems they only discontinue stuff when a new one is getting ready to roll out...
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

i buy from tower all the time great place to buy
chazekxt is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for some advice on next purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going to purchase SCX10 Kit, need advice. Mules50 Axial SCX-10 14 02-01-2014 09:16 PM
Looking for advice on crawler purchase JimmyM Newbie General 5 05-11-2013 10:10 PM
Ready to purchase, need some advice flascx10 Axial SCX-10 10 12-05-2010 05:52 PM
Need advice on purchase Azngtboi88 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 25 08-30-2009 10:26 AM