RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Which shafty solid axle is best suited to run Jumbo Kongs? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/4689-shafty-solid-axle-best-suited-run-jumbo-kongs.html)

BoilermakerFan 01-21-2005 10:06 AM

Which shafty solid axle is best suited to run Jumbo Kongs?

Looking at a project truck running a T600 motor, an E-Maxx tranny, and REVO shafts. Which axle would best handle the stress of a set of Jumbo Kongs; TXT-1, Twin Force, or X-Factor axles?

The center diffs would be replaced with lockers or locked via JB Weld if there aren't any lockers for the X-Factor axles.

DirkDigler 01-21-2005 10:34 AM

Re: Which shafty solid axle is best suited to run Jumbo Kong

xfactor or twin

Nitro 01-21-2005 10:34 AM

I would use the Force or the X Factor axles, the txt are strong, but they will let go at the end of the dog bone at the steering knuckle!

But that is just what I think, you can break anything!

bigred 01-21-2005 10:36 AM

x factor twin or hybrid maxx axels but do not run maxx sliders for axels with kongs.

BoilermakerFan 01-21-2005 11:53 AM

Thanks Guys.

Nope, no Maxx sliders. I run Maxx sliders on my TLT-10. :wink:

The shafts will be REVO shafts or possibly CVDs, but I'll start with REVO shafts.

I need to search a bit more, but I don't like the stock servo mount for the X-Factor axles with the huge skid plate. I did think the X-Factor axle would hold up better though since it's designed for a .25 nitro engine and the shock of the clutch engaging.

TwistedCreations 01-21-2005 11:58 AM

i would run a Maxx hybrid axle with CVD's.. i run mine with LST's and have beat the livin crap out of it and still haven't broke anything on the axles( knock on wood) :D

if ya made a Maxx hybrid axle, to fit the CVD's you would want the WMS-WMS at 13"

just some measurement info for ya :wink: that is if you didn't use the stock a-arms. mine are made basically from 1/4" solid rod

BoilermakerFan 01-21-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
i would run a Maxx hybrid axle with CVD's.. i run mine with LST's and have beat the livin crap out of it and still haven't broke anything on the axles( knock on wood) :D

if ya made a Maxx hybrid axle, to fit the CVD's you would want the WMS-WMS at 13"

just some measurement info for ya :wink: that is if you didn't use the stock a-arms. mine are made basically from 1/4" solid rod

I'm kicking that idea around since you can build a pretty bulletproof drivetrain with UE, RRP, and Kipster parts for the Maxx.

skyjacker_rc_club 01-21-2005 12:37 PM

Id go with Xfactor axles i have seen CVDs snap. 8O

fastmaxxcooper 01-21-2005 01:24 PM

i say go with mad force axles unless they are the same as xfactor axles