Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wrath problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wrath problem?

I was just playing with my wraith and it just wouldent go anymore. It made a werid noise and my esc started blinking orange. It turns on and everything just want move and help lol.
Browner93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wrath problem?

Check to make sure your drive train isn't binding anywhere. Easiest way I have found is to start by pulling the motor and see if everything is rotating freely. Also check the spur pinion mesh. If it is too tight it will cause too much drag and overload the esc.
If everything there is good try swapping motors to see if its the motor. If not it may be the esc.
Also are you running an external bec? The internal ones on most escs are crap and give up un expectedly
What esc are you running?
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm running a edge brushless esc. It's saying it's in some kinda of mode. And it tell you to program it but when i do all the light stay on and it makes a loud noise. Idk what else to do lol I'm know expert on these things.
Browner93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Have you checked the sensor wire and change it out to check.? Easy enough to check and try. Then maybe see if the sensor in the motor is bad. Does the motor have a ozone smell to it or a burnt smell. If a sensor hangs up or fries, the motor will not send the right signals to the esc and thus the esc will refuse to tell the motor to rotate. Id check the sensor onthe motor and its sensor wire by just replacing the wire and smelling the motor near the sensor. they do well one minute then go shady the next. Thats what Id think first off. Then make sure the esc is still programmed right. Just my thought on it. Hope I had some helpful ideas for you to tryout.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote