Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wraith rock/trail bashing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wraith rock/trail bashing

I am building a wraith to run at scaler events at our local comps . The stock motor just gave out and wanting something that is great for rock bouncing and climbing hills and all different kinds of obstacles it's logs,rocks or hill climbs . I know I have read Harley's thread over and over but I'm looking for other opinions I will be running a mmp for the esc but should I go with a tekin pro 4 3300 or a brushed setup
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wraith rock/trail bashing

People underestimate a good brushed motor in these rigs. I you want a lot of speed on tap, brushless is the ticket.

I personally like the stock ESC, it's tough as nails and a solid performer. I recently picked up a team brood 30t specter and its got tons of torque and brake!! I should have chosen a lower turn but its fine for now.

Lots of people like Holmes Hobbies motors and I have seen some go for the trinity motors and Novak.

Make sure you pick up a motor you can rebuild
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

If you are not going to be hitting the water i would go with the brushless set up.
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would go with the tekin ROC 412. I run it in my wraith and I love it. I've had it submerged in water ( after proper waterproofing) without a hiccup. Love that motor. Power on demand with enough low end to still crawl
Epcampau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
RCC Addict

@Epcampau, Okinawa, truly a crawlers paradise!!! Watch out for the Habu
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10tn View Post
I am building a wraith to run at scaler events at our local comps . The stock motor just gave out and wanting something that is great for rock bouncing and climbing hills and all different kinds of obstacles it's logs,rocks or hill climbs . I know I have read Harley's thread over and over but I'm looking for other opinions I will be running a mmp for the esc but should I go with a tekin pro 4 3300 or a brushed setup
If the comps are typical 10-gater/timed comps, I'd go brushed. If the comps are g6/endurance style, I'd go waterproofed and sensored brushless.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I run a Holmes TorqueMaster Pro Rock Racer Combo (got it about 2yrs ago) and had the ESC coated so it's waterproof. Motor is a 21T. Running stock gearing on 2S it has great torque and top speed might be 20mph but for rock racing it's plenty. The onboard BEC is rated to 5A so it has plenty to power my ~400oz servo.
ClaySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith rock/trail bashing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling at Little Guilin - Axial SCX10 Trail Finder 2 Hilux XR10 Wraith - boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2013 07:00 AM
Slash 4x4 TRAIL BASHING, HUGE JUMPS! téosrc Non Crawler RC's 0 08-18-2013 08:02 PM
Trail BASHING! téosrc Scale Videos! 7 03-07-2013 03:11 AM
RC Adventures - Axial Wraith Bashing, Rock Crawling & Smashing the Trail! RCSPARKS Videos! 5 06-06-2011 08:02 PM
what is the best motor for trail rideing and some bashing bigblazerboy Newbie General 19 10-10-2007 06:22 PM