Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: maxstone 10 body lean on power

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #1

Default maxstone 10 body lean on power

just purchased maxstone 10,if i experience boby lean on power,what to do.is this tt or something else.i'm new at the rock crawler.but i'm a mechanic and can work on anything.hopefully this is an easy fix,like suspension geometry.have done some research.
outcastct is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: maxstone 10 body lean on power

You are experiencing torq twist. Its a common issue with shafties. Do a search on this site for it and mirroring the gearbox/ transmission
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I take it the right front wheel lifts up ? I tamed this by increasing spring tension on that wheel and lessening the spring tension ( or removing all together ) on the left front. You can also increase the spring tension on the left rear and lessning the spring tension on the right rear.

I think I got that right try and let me know if it helps.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have 2 maxstone 10 and they are set up for the most part for trail running. the setup that I used to get rid of the torque twist is to use the hard springs on all 4 shocks and use the preload clips that came with the stone 10 on just the rear shocks only to make the rear shocks stiffer than the front for my #1 stone 10 this one has almost all aluminum and weighs about 10 pounds with the all the weight I have added to the front wheels ,front axel plus the weight from the aluminum and the non stock hard body that I have added steering driver,passenger and dash board.
the #2 stone 10 is about 7 pounds with only non moving driver and Lexan body for this one I have the hardest springs with preload clips on the rear and the softest springs on the front with no preload clips.
You could try starting with harder springs on rear and softer in front then use the preload clips to fine tune to your needs.
some people only see need to use the harder springs on the right rear to start I like hard springs both rear as with hard springs only one side it would still twist in reverse so hard springs both sides fixed that for me.I keep in mind softer springs in the front. for my setup I like the most articulation I can get in the front. the last thing is I used the preload clips to fine tune out the body rub on the body from the wheels. all that being said you will most likely find your self changing springs or preload clips whenever you change the body , add weight to the wheels or any other mods that change the overall weight or balance front to back I like mine 60/40 or 70/30 more weight to the front hope this helps.
MONKEYPIARATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #5

thanks,helps alot.going to put a scale silverado body on,and make frame extentions to support body and relocate battery to front for more front weight.
outcastct is offline   Reply With Quote

maxstone 10 body lean on power - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maxstone 16 body!!?? Exceed4Rocks Paint and Body 0 05-31-2013 04:22 PM
body/chassis lean during hard accelartion bbking9 Axial Wraith 7 01-06-2012 01:17 PM
Realistic body roll/lean... lead weights on roof? .bg. General Scale Talk 9 02-09-2011 04:23 PM
Body roll on Exceed maxstone 10 mud_life_19 General Crawlers 14 01-12-2011 08:59 PM
body lean and how to fix it ???? codeman Newbie General 7 09-02-2009 12:57 PM