Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Exceed maxstone 16

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Exceed maxstone 16

Since the mrc is gone I bought a couple exceed maxstone 16 crawlers. Thanks to this site and some previous knowledge I began my modifications. Clocked the chubs, ota steering, homemade front servo mount with a hs645 for now, removed the upper plate, shocks outboarded a little at the chassis, homemade plate on the rear for the esc, and there will be more to come. I figured I could do some cheap mods with minimal tools. Later this week it will get a 380 heli motor, sidewinder micro and castle bec. For now ill be running a 2s 20c 1300 mah lipo. Here's a few pictures.

DENNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Got some parts in. My goal for now is to run fullsize servo, sidewinder esc, bec, xtreme 380 motor, 2s lipo for the kids rig and 2s for mine. I've got my shock mounts from dlux and a sweet deal from the for sale section on my axle parts. I just need to get my overdrive gears. I'm hoping to use the lcc axle inner and outer up front and use the lcc solid axles in the rear to have extra beef. Hopefully ill get to start building soon.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Exceed maxstone 16

got one of these and running a Novak Micro Pro Esc with a Sensored Novak 18.5T 380 brushless motor, and I had to make my own motor mount plate to get it to work, and it was a bitch to shoe horn that motor in the chassis you got to shave the tranny to make it fit, its not easy, and it is still geared so low it still creeps, need a better tranny. So the Dlux c-hubs and knuckles and the cvd's and lockers. Fit the exceed axles are you serious ????? cause the turning radius on this sucks, so I'm curious to see what the cvd's and c-hubs and knuckles do. I can post some pics of my exceed if you would like. here's is one I got to look for the rest.

Last edited by kgb424; 08-07-2014 at 08:49 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

From what I know so far the axles on the maxstone 16 are a very close match to the losi mrc. I was told that the mrc trans is different though. When I finish collecting some more parts I'm planning on taking my time building the axles and I'd like to get as many pictures as possible to help others that may be building a exceed. One thing I'm working on for now is a new skid to inboard the lower links to help gain steering clearance.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I found the some pics of the tranny and motor mount plate I made, and I bought some Mrc after market shocks and mounted them the way they are now to eliminate the terrible flex it had when I first got it, and the MRC drive shafts are different, cause I bought a set, to put on the Exceed and there different, you can make a wider skid plate but the axles are not wide enough, and the axles on the MRC are completely different and mine have been rebuilt, I put 3 ounces of weight in the wheels and every screw on the axles and the shafts worked it self loose, or stripped the axles and the wheels kept coming off, I redid the rim with 2 ounces of lead solid core and got it in the center of the rim, in stead of the 1/4 ounces weights on the inside of rim up inside the tire, and went a set of RC4WD Tomahawks tires are soft and fold around the rocks, the stock tires are too stiff, and they were glued to the rims and a bitch to get off, and once you do there garbage, and Flat Irons are too tall for it, and replaced the stocks axle shafts and now it stays together, and the threads on the axles are not stripping any more either.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

here is two with the new tires and 2 ounces of weight in each wheel. I wonder if you putting on the c-hubs and knuckles on, if will it widen the axles enough to make a wider skip plate, so you do not have to shoe horn the 380 motor in, a while back I saw some MRC chassis and skid plate real cheap but it didn't look it was any wider than the Exceed is now.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I meant that I'm making a new skid like the original but it will be the same width. Ill basically be raising the trans a little and bringing the lower links closer together width wise at the skid. If I get it done this weekend ill post some more pictures. Nice build by the way.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

wondering how is this build going..
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Exceed maxstone 16 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exceed maxstone 10 snowshoebrue General Crawlers 96 04-19-2018 10:37 AM
Exceed Maxstone 1/8 josh h Newbie General 5 05-17-2013 05:40 PM