Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new vaterra Slickrock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #1

Default new vaterra Slickrock

got a new slickrock for christmas... yes, i'm a bit new at this... this is my first crawler (smaller than 1:1 at least) and the price was right... outta the box it has pretty good flex...

first mod, was getting rid of that flat grey and making it my own...

cleaned up the wiring a bit with some small zip ties, and put it all back together...

did some custom graphics on the roof, my own little design... hand painted...

then i got some beadlocks and stock tires from a buddies g-made Sawback... scuffed up the front half of the beadlock and painted it white for an oldschool look...

next i want to re-locate the electronics off of the rear axle, possibly put a servo on the rear and upgrade everything for rear-steer...
here are some extra pics...

gotmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #2

Default Re: new vaterra Slickrock

see if this video works...

if not, here's the link... slickrock stair crawl 1 - YouTube
Old 01-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #3

How's the product support for the slick rock? Up grades ie. Can't find much yet, or else I'd pick one up too
OpenDiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #4

Vaterra's website lists lots of parts and a few upgrades... and so far as I've seen a lot of mrc parts can be used as well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #5

Nice to see something other than Slickrock grey.

I just got my new Slickrock. I wasn't looking for a serious comp crawler, just a little fun rig to mess about with so it's just what I was looking for. Having said that though I think it just could surprise some "serious" crawlers.

Just waiting for a few parts to arrive so I can finish my Slickrock which will have 4WS and carbon fibre body panels (real carbon fibre not imitation stick on stuff) among other mods. Already fitted HB Rovers on Axial beadlocks which make me realise just how poor the stock tires are.

Only real frustration is trying to find a decent replacement motor. Doesn't need anything too strong, just a bit better than stock.

John
johninderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmike View Post
Vaterra's website lists lots of parts and a few upgrades... and so far as I've seen a lot of mrc parts can be used as well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think it might be a rework of the Losi Mini Rock Crawler
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #7

took and added 2.5 oz. to each of the front wheels... went to the local wal-mart tire shop and the head tech is into RC stuff also... so he gave me a handful of used sticky weights... so i cleaned them up, removed the torn up tape on the back, and put some fresh 3M body tape on them, then stuck them onto the G-made beadlock rings... but the weather has been so crummy i haven't gotten to go outside and test them much at all... see if it really made a difference...

on a seperate note... when i look at the parts list, under springs for the shocks, it shows 2 of each type of spring... but on mine i've got 3 of one spring rate, and 1 of a different spring rate... when i turn a corner to the right and punch it, i'll lift the right front tire clean off the ground and it will carry it around and around and around... lol... thinking i'm going to just swap out the factory shocks for some aftermarkets here shortly... but wondering if it was a goof up on Vaterra's part???
Old 02-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I would drop your pinion gear1-2 teeth to compensate for the added rotating mass. I would also watch the motor temps during the first run real close until you get a feel for how it performs
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Why do all these pics of slickrock not show. I see a couple but most are gone. rrrr
panama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/18, rock, slick, slickrock, vaterra

new vaterra Slickrock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra Slickrock 1/18 BUILD Floppy_Bacon 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 02-16-2014 12:11 AM
VATERRA. SLICKRock. 1/18 Waterprof hiscarriote General Crawlers 0 01-21-2014 10:27 AM
Slickrock Campground, who are my neighbors? Mnster RC Rock Crawling Worlds 1 08-28-2008 02:19 AM
Slickrock Scorpion.... Slickrock Mafia Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 02-23-2008 10:19 AM
Slickrock Spider teamtom Chit Chat 0 09-12-2007 07:04 PM