Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nikko avalanche body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 04:23 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Nikko avalanche body

Any body know any thing about this body? I just picked it up from ebay.
Dont know how accurate the sellers info was. Heres what was in the post.
I figure If i cant use it I could sell it or give it to my nephew since its got everything and works.

RADIO SHACK CHEVROLET SPYDER CUSTOMS FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. TRUCK IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION' RUN VERY LITTLE. NEW NINE VOLT RADIO. TRUCK BATTERY CHARGED AND HAS BEEN RUN.

TRUCK COMES READY TO RUN.

1: 1000MM NICAD BATTERY

2: BATTERY CHARGER FOR NICAD+ NI-MH

3: RADIO WITH BATTERY

4: RADIO HAS TWO SPEED GEAR SHIFT' ONE FOR ROCK CRAWLING AND TWO FOR FAST RUNNING

5: TRUCK HAS HEAD LIGHTS

IF NOT ACCEPTED BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING
Questions and answers about this item
Q: can you tell me how long is the body? Thanks!
A: The truck body is 12" long. wheel width is nine one half inch wide. Wheel base from hub to hub center, is nine one half inches.

Not sure if he measure right

Any ideas on a good chassis and axles for a scale build. Thanks.

jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed
Default Re: Nikko avalanche body

Good find.I have two Avalanche bodies.They are a bit top heavy but im going for all scale aspect.
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

The wheelbase on them is a bit on the short side, but they are very cool bodies.

I have a stretched crazy apocalypse now version with custom metal work. I'll post some pics later. (im at work)
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think they are cool I just wish they had a more scale wheelbase like say 12" or higher.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=krazykrawler;4649078]Good find.I have two Avalanche bodies.They are a bit top heavy but im going for all scale aspect.

You do a build thread on that? Just wondering if the wheel base was 9.5in like he said
found a possible chassis
Axial SCX10 Short Wheelbase

you think an scx10 would be good or something els?

I just found a chevy colorado its pretty small tho 1/18 id say. thinking of using my rc18mt on it or the wheels at least. or mini losi.

colorado Build ideas
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I had an avalanche body from radio shack on a cc01 chassis....wb was around 10.5 or so maybe? It fit the chassis good and looked a lot better with different tires and wheels on it...and of course the only pics I have of it are crummy.

gr33nlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:33 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

Yes,the wheelbase is very short.In the shots above,it was riding on a RC4WD Trail Stomper with leaf springs.It was just 1/4 to a 1/2 short in the rear.I sold that frame and had a custom set of rails made by Fatboyrs10.I made my own links this time and will post more recent pics.As for the second Avalanche,i just purchased a Dingo kit from RPP Hobby and will be making the rear links again.I have a Wraith all stretched out both ways and the Avalanche is more about driving skills with the WB and top heaviness.
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykrawler View Post
Yes,the wheelbase is very short.In the shots above,it was riding on a RC4WD Trail Stomper with leaf springs.It was just 1/4 to a 1/2 short in the rear.I sold that frame and had a custom set of rails made by Fatboyrs10.I made my own links this time and will post more recent pics.As for the second Avalanche,i just purchased a Dingo kit from RPP Hobby and will be making the rear links again.I have a Wraith all stretched out both ways and the Avalanche is more about driving skills with the WB and top heaviness.
It sounds like its going to as short as my hummer truck im making now. These must fall into 1/12 category. I think it migh be the same size as the h3 hard body truck I'm making. ScxH3 Hard body I might beable to have a 2 body truck. I had really just settled on the hummer but im likeing the truck conversion. Maybe Ill price out a cc01 see what there going for.