Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #62

Default Re: Maxstone 10 budget build

My maxstone 10 rear case modded to fit axial diff locker

jasoninarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #63
I joined the Band!

Did the same front and rear. Be careful filing down the stock axle shafts to fit. Its easy to take off to much and end up with play in the axles.
Platinumzj5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #64

With nothing more then some free mods and $40 in rovers or sedona's this crawler is awesome ! Had mine for almost a year now and since my other friends all had scalers I bought the TCS X-trail chassis and converted it to scaler type since my friend and I (both MAX 10 Owners with Rovers/Sedona's) Were able to go everywhere and more that they could and couldn't go. So we decided to dumb it down a little and do the scale thing

That being said the stock Servo died as did the esc about 6-7 months after getting it. The Solar Servo d772 or something from Hobbypartz is a great upgrade since it has something like 360 oz of torque with the option to go 7.4v and get to 410oz. And the hobbywing QUICRUN-WP-1060-BRUSHED is a GREAT ESC upgrade with a built in BEC to actually handle 3s lipo. Both of them cost about $20 each.

Stock motor still runs fine but I did up the turn to 35 Novak. I would HIGHLY recommend if you want a motor upgrade look into the Titan 550 21T motor out of the EMAXX it is a torque monster and able to handle tons of power. If not then pretty much any 21-55t brushed motor will be fine

I did also get ahold of some RARE (lol) aluminum upgrade lockers from china $15 per. I believe it was the Pangolin crawler ? Same thing just different named.

All in all this has been a VERY versatile crawler ! Great entry price and fun to tinker on with a good amount of customizing support. I did a tire mod but it barely helped them on rocks. Now it did help a TON on trail with multiple different types of surfaces. That was cut every other lug row and no foams front and star cut rears.

Sorry spaced out a bit typing this. Been running around the house with the kids while typing lol.
AZ Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #65

I havent done the front yet. I did take off too much but i think it'll be fine for now
Old 07-14-2015, 09:09 PM   #66

Maybe stuff some shoe goo around it to help keep it in place ? I helped a friend do his front and rear and the drill sometimes just jumps through and split the outside of the box. But it hasn't been an issue as of yet.
AZ Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoninarmy View Post
I havent done the front yet. I did take off too much but i think it'll be fine for now
Did one side of mine to much, had a good bit of slop and almost immediately broke the axle. But mine is an Inhouse crawler and works well one three wheel drive!
About to order most of the parts in this thread for it!
Question tho,, I'm wanting to do the front as an open diff.,, anyplace to get one complete? Otherwise I've got to get a carrier and the gears separate,, this is my first shafty,, I've been a clodbuster guy since 1987 so I have no idea what's out there for this truck and no Axial experience at all!
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:35 AM   #68

Pm sent whiskey

Maxstone 10 budget build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My daughter's trial truck build- Maxstone 16/Little tikes cabover 89redranger Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 11-20-2013 09:25 AM
MaxStone 1/8th build Triple88a Superclass Crawlers 1 02-10-2013 08:51 AM
best budget build??? please help drilldeep General Crawlers 3 06-17-2009 08:19 AM
this budget build ok? Bknight Newbie General 10 04-09-2006 10:29 AM