RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Help a new RC Crawler Mom out (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/484750-help-new-rc-crawler-mom-out.html)

rccrawlinmom 02-24-2014 04:14 PM

Help a new RC Crawler Mom out

My son and I are new to the RC rock crawling. He participated in the G6 run at King of the Hammers a few weeks ago and would like to go again.

I have searched and searched, but can't seem to find a listing of events that we could participate in, around the southern California area. I am looking for anything recreational or competitive. Thank you!!

Also, he has an Axial Ridgecrest and we are trying to find a mounting option for a front winch. Any suggestions/tips, links would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tontos_Touch 02-24-2014 04:41 PM

Re: Help a new RC Crawler Mom out

There is a search option on this site that should help you out a lot just using simple key words and I know you will be able to find what your looking for also there are a lot of sections and sub sections on the main page

This might be a good start for you
West - California at RCCrawler.com

KJ10 02-24-2014 08:28 PM

And here is the "Ridgecrest" section:

RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech - Axial AX10 2nd-gen at RCCrawler.com

Glad to see a mom getting involved, btw!

hotwheels000 02-24-2014 08:29 PM

Scroll down near the bootom of the forum, you will see a regional area, pick the one nearestest you and poke around in th threads a bit. I am sure ther is a club near you. Posting this question in th regional area near you will should also get some helpful replies.

I dont have a ridgecrest but if my memory is correct....it doesnt have a full length chassis rail so some custom fab work will be required to mount a traditioal winch.

rccrawlinmom 02-24-2014 11:53 PM

Thank you!

Mike Flea 02-25-2014 05:50 PM

What a cool Mom! Congrats!

Del Monte 02-25-2014 09:23 PM

Watch this forum for U4 style racing. U4RC hosts events about once a month in Glen Helen.
Competitions and Events - U4RC at RCCrawler.com

WCRCC hosts competitions and scale events around Socal. Here's one coming up in a few weeks.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/compe...3-15-14-a.html

There are plenty of people around to help out and ask questions at either event.

Ohioskills 02-27-2014 11:48 AM

cool mom wish my wife wouldnt laugh about me an my friends TOY TRUCKS:flipoff:

Wacki 02-27-2014 07:43 PM

Coolest mom winner! Ummm.....how do you feel about adopting?!

Chesebro 03-01-2014 04:59 PM

Im up for adoption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ik632 03-02-2014 02:16 PM

That's awesome that you are supporting him, way to be a cool mom. My wife drives for fun and comes on trail rides all the time.

rccrawlinmom 04-09-2014 12:04 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. I have found some fun stuff for us to do. "thumbsup"

Natedog 04-14-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rccrawlinmom (Post 4739812)
Thank you everyone for your input. I have found some fun stuff for us to do. "thumbsup"

Very nice! Thanks for helping your son. "thumbsup"

StraightCreepin87 04-15-2014 02:05 PM

as stated above i think it's great that you go on the forums to try find the information to help your son with his rc. my parents always told me as i was growing up "there was no replacement for time spent". the world needs more moms like you! "thumbsup"