Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #21
TSK
Shelf queen

Default Re: What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class?

money is an issue? Let's start making them super chassis outta g10
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
True. It's all in what is the masses enjoy or relate to. 2.2p became sort of the main class. (EDIT: Into that's what I meant to say in which Rowdy quoted to me.)
Mo betta.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
money is an issue? Let's start making them super chassis outta g10
Go for it.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
True. It's all in what is the masses enjoy or relate to. 2.2p became sort of the main class. (EDIT: Into that's what I meant to say in which Rowdy quoted to me.)
I think Supers should be a more organized class when it comes to the major comps. Maybe move it Fridays.... I think the thing that also hinders this class as well as 1.9 is that they are ran on Sunday, which has been stated. For most people that is the travel day to get back home. So I can see why it has been pushed by the way side year after year.
I think it all boils down to what class gets the main time slots.Like I said before If some other class was pushed and in the main time slots as the 2.2 are. We'd see a different comp all around. If lets say they put mini's in the 2.2 time slot and advertized like they do for the 2.2's after only a couple of big comps the 2.2 class would be in trouble like the super is.Because people would buy or build mini's to compete with all the other cool kids....lol But the main time slots are giving to the 2.2's because they started being mass produced.And it was easy to get into one.That's all it really is 2.2's have more parts readily available for them. But boy I sure do miss my big ol' clod axled beast........LOL Well I still have it and run it. But the guys around here don't know what fun a super can be.....
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I think 2.2p has gotten the biggest because it is the most convenient size of the crawlers. I love my super and it is my favorite to drive, but it is very hard to find places to drive it where i live, it doesn't fit in a back pack, and traveling with it sucks. 2.2's are easy, they are small enough to be driven almost anywhere there is rocks but big enough to be crazy capable.

I don't see why we should sit around and hope someone else will save the class we love? If we want it done we should just do it ourselves! I will be at Nats with my super and looking forward to sunday. Why don't we see if we can get something going at get 25-30 divers for the super class? If we have the numbers they will have to pay attention to us.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #26
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Go for it.
I would, but I cant afford the axles
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
I think it all boils down to what class gets the main time slots.Like I said before If some other class was pushed and in the main time slots as the 2.2 are. We'd see a different comp all around. If lets say they put mini's in the 2.2 time slot and advertized like they do for the 2.2's after only a couple of big comps the 2.2 class would be in trouble like the super is.Because people would buy or build mini's to compete with all the other cool kids....lol But the main time slots are giving to the 2.2's because they started being mass produced.And it was easy to get into one.That's all it really is 2.2's have more parts readily available for them. But boy I sure do miss my big ol' clod axled beast........LOL Well I still have it and run it. But the guys around here don't know what fun a super can be.....
I don't know? I don't think 2.2's are where they are just because they are the big show. I think they are the big show because they are the easiest to drive and are convenient for the rock we are given. 1.9's are boring to me, they are so little and docile. Supers are the exact opposite, they are crazy capable but are crazy hard to drive well. They take a lot of practice and its hard to find places to drive them for a lot of people. They do take more money but you don't have to spend a million dollars to have a very capable super. I get so tired of hearing this, "You have to spend so much to have a competitive crawler these days." Thats crap! Yes, there are a lot of really cool high dollar crawlers out there but you don't need one to be competitive. A lot of the people with the high dollar cars love to drive them and drive them a lot, that is why they do so good. Practice!!! If we are really losing people because they can't afford a "cool" car i don't think they really care about crawling to begin with.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
I would, but I cant afford the axles
Talk to Erik about MT axles with superbully shafts. It might be more affordible than you think. I have way less into my super than i do my 2.2.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Do any of you think that maybe the guys that were building supers when they were more popular are moving on to the next challenge, like rock racing?
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #30
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Talk to Erik about MT axles with superbully shafts. It might be more affordible than you think. I have way less into my super than i do my 2.2.
I actually still have my original Bergs so I think all I really need are some new tubes and shafts. I keep my eyes open on the classifieds for Berg tubes and such but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Besides I don't have big enough rock, or enough space at home for one. When the time comes, I'll probably just hit Erik up for some long tubes and shafts.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
I don't know? I don't think 2.2's are where they are just because they are the big show. I think they are the big show because they are the easiest to drive and are convenient for the rock we are given. 1.9's are boring to me, they are so little and docile. Supers are the exact opposite, they are crazy capable but are crazy hard to drive well. They take a lot of practice and its hard to find places to drive them for a lot of people. They do take more money but you don't have to spend a million dollars to have a very capable super. I get so tired of hearing this, "You have to spend so much to have a competitive crawler these days." Thats crap! Yes, there are a lot of really cool high dollar crawlers out there but you don't need one to be competitive. A lot of the people with the high dollar cars love to drive them and drive them a lot, that is why they do so good. Practice!!! If we are really losing people because they can't afford a "cool" car i don't think they really care about crawling to begin with.
I see what you're saying but I think you may have missed my whole point. My point is. If supers were advertised, talked up, had all the big main comps doing all they can do to cater to them. By giving them the best time slots, advertising like crazy for the class, the most/best prizes for winners. And all the while pushing the company that makes most of the crawlers out there. Like they do for the 2.2's. No matter how much it cost to build.No matter how available the parts are. Supers would be top dog again. They would have to be.They would have the most attention. Just like you said. If we lost some because they didn't want the cool car they must have not cared to begin with. A lot of guys like to be in the crowd of what's new. Whats hip...lol And I tell ya what if supers make a come back I'll be the first one to that crowd....

Last edited by T I N Y; 03-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
Do any of you think that maybe the guys that were building supers when they were more popular are moving on to the next challenge, like rock racing?
A lot moved to the 2.2's because they became to most available rig to run.They are the easiest to run, easiest to build and are just silly fun to drive.But supers were these big bad hulking beasts that needed a fine touch to drive. You had to build almost everything on the rig if you really got into it. They were like driving a school bus through an ally way in reverse with one eye closed.......lol You could make a real clean run. Then come back run the same line and be on your top two or three times. Big torque and big tires = hold on this is going to be wild.....
Old 03-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #33
D-Wray 4 Prez!

What's the Super count lately? For every 5 2.2 drivers there is a Super driver? Just curious, because sponsors and events tend to promote and accommodate the majority.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #34
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
What's the Super count lately? For every 5 2.2 drivers there is a Super driver? Just curious, because sponsors and events tend to promote and accommodate the majority.
I bet it's probably more like 12:1

Last edited by TSK; 03-12-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #35
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
I bet it's probably more like 12:1
Sorry, I was using haole math.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

I think we need to get back to Clod axles. $130 for a new pair, not to bad imo.

Bergs, are light but they start at $100-ish and go from there depending on what mods are done to them.

Bully's, I have no clue. Haven't even touched them with a 10 foot long pole. Wanted a pair for a super project though.

So far I have maybe $300-ish into my clod super project right now. Pimp Cane chassis, stock clods w/ bearings, and a pair of super chisels. Still need to get 3 more chisels and two trenchers.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I got into crawling with the intent of building a clod based super. But I have had no luck in finding any comps or people to run with. So I started to focus on my 2.2 shafty. Now it sits because all I find near me are scaler events and even gtg's kinda suck for it because it out performs the others more than I expected and its a poor mans build. Really it suck because I think these same circumstances are what is going on with a lot of people.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #38
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
I think 2.2p has gotten the biggest because it is the most convenient size of the crawlers. I love my super and it is my favorite to drive, but it is very hard to find places to drive it where i live, it doesn't fit in a back pack, and traveling with it sucks.
There are plenty of places to drive a super in Utah but nobody does.

If your theory were correct on more places to drive and easy to carry, why not a micro or a 1.9? Shoot, a micro you dont even have to leave the house!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
A guy would rather buy a scaler at say a 1/4 of the price of a good super, to go run with his friends then having that super sitting there only being run every once and awhile.
I also think people don't want to put the practice in that it takes to learn to drive a super and drive it well. It is seriously like driving two trucks at the same time. It took me well over a year to become anywhere near proficient at driving my super.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

I don't compete but I do love my super. I think for competition super class should be a no holds barred build whatever you want you just have to fit through the gate attitude. I would love to see the innovation some of these guys come up with.
pigblanket is offline   Reply With Quote

What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 32 01-29-2023 05:10 AM
The future of the super crawler class? Sinastir General Crawlers 83 05-23-2008 05:37 AM
Future of USRCCA? rockwerks RC Rock Crawling Worlds 28 11-23-2006 12:28 PM
The future of the Super class? Gimbal Chit Chat 12 11-07-2005 08:53 AM