Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
People just don't come away from the larger comps raving about how much fun it was the same way the scale guys do. The thing is drivers of comp crawlers and scalers just arent' the same...never will be. Comp drivers tend to be more serious at the events...more focused...and when they don't do as well as they wanted they can get upset/aggravated as well. From what I have read, heard, and seen this typically isn't the case with the scale events. Sure drivers will wish they could've done better, but I think the mood is just lighter at these events due to the nature of the type of event it is.

With the level of competition, quality of parts, etc. comp crawling has grown to be VERY competitive in the upper levels and for newbies that tends to deter the majority of them...especially once they ask one of us how much we have tied up in our rigs We (our club) gets that same question at least once at just about every location we visit during the season...and as soon as we try to break down what it would take for someone to get started you can see their eyes glaze over. Without adequate support from the big name vendors for a RTR or ARTR version of a comp crawler that is moderately affordable and readily available it really does seem like a daunting task to build one to the average Joe. :
OK....Let me get this straight...Comp drivers are uptight, whinny, spoilsports.
Scale drivers are the happy go lucky, good sport cool kids.
So I guess the guys that run both are really confused....lol
Newbs are afraid to try new things.
Your club is touring rockstars that gets random questions about how much money you spend on toys.And you think the people you try and tell about them can't understand you.and unless you put tons of money in a RTR or ARTR by buying big name parts and you're an above average person your going to think you can't do anything with these toy trucks.
I think I got it.......lol Thanks for clarifying this stuff.
Oh one more thing...What did any of this really have to do with the super classes future?????LOL
This was all in good fun...I'm just messing around please don't take it the wrong way..I'm just kidding.

Last edited by T I N Y; 03-28-2014 at 03:46 PM.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

I will say this, if Battle Grounds does not get enough super sign ups, it will not be ran.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMGREG View Post
I will say this, if Battle Grounds does not get enough super sign ups, it will not be ran.
3 drivers to make a comp right?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

I think that it was going the way of if something isn't done, there are not going to be too many people in the comp scene period!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #85
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Thank you to everyone that posted in this thread.

There certainly is a lot of factors to consider. Sadly there is not a quick fix or easy answer to declining competition rigs & attendance.

As for the Super Nova Foam line, C.I. is sold out of all closed cell inners. Another small batch of soft outers are being made. Only 20 pairs and they should be ready by the end of the month. There are no current plans to make anymore Super Nova inner foams and I uncertain which direction to go from here as a vendor. The 115mm wheel has been the "go to" size for the top Supers. However, the 3.8" wheel is a more readily available to the masses.

Would a 3.8" inner super foam help the super class in anyway?

Would a 7.75" Tall x 2.00" Wide Super Pin Tire help the class in anyway(hint: Ottsix Super Voodoo)? Let's assume these tires retailed for $125 for 4; used a 115mm plastic wheel (hint: C.I. 6 Bolt Super Wheel) and we'll assume these wheels retailed for $55 for 4.

Larger parts = larger costs; I don't think that production super parts would save the class. Even with production super parts, the wheels, tires, and foams would cost more than the cheap specials @ Pep Boys for 1:1 import car tires, LOL.

Comments? Suggestions? This thread is being read and watched. It's a great time to post up & get involved.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Not producing the foams anymore would be another nail in the coffin I'm afraid. Even if you do short runs, the existence of your foams are key to the class. Tires can be made, wheels can be modified, but foams...not so much.

If you were going to do anything regarding interest in promoting this class, it should be continuing to have Super class foams available.

Just my opinion...for what its worth to ya.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Yeah, but as a vendor...if you can't justify the cost of tooling and manufacturing to sell the parts, you are going to stop making them. Law of diminishing returns at its best right here!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for your insight.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

I will be attending ECC, BG, NENQ, and nats this year and have already said but will say it again here, I will share my super with anyone that wants to drive the class, if more people do this maybe it will help it survive.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I will be attending ECC, BG, NENQ, and nats this year and have already said but will say it again here, I will share my super with anyone that wants to drive the class, if more people do this maybe it will help it survive.
I'd be down for that as well...but people are afraid of THE STICKS!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #91
E.Y. Designs

I agree tires wheels and foams is one thing that makes Supers more expensive since there are no good super tires that aren't Cut'N'Shuts. I've had people asking for Super tires and most ask for foams too but I can't help them at all and since C.I. doesn't have them right now they can't get them from him either...
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #92
RCC Addict

I've had the interest in building a super since I saw them at 2012 Best of the West. Being in grad school I've had to cut back on building. It's taken me almost a year to build by Berg, but I'm making decisions on parts and drumming up more interest here locally to maybe run a super comp series in our off season. Just a matter of timing maybe poor timing on my part.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Been working up interest in the supers locally, myself.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote

What is the future of the USRCCA Super Class? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 32 01-29-2023 05:10 AM
The future of the super crawler class? Sinastir General Crawlers 83 05-23-2008 05:37 AM
Future of USRCCA? rockwerks RC Rock Crawling Worlds 28 11-23-2006 12:28 PM
The future of the Super class? Gimbal Chit Chat 12 11-07-2005 08:53 AM