Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TCX-10 Trail Platform - listening axial?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #41
20K Club

Default Re: TCX-10 Trail Platform - listening axial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
Hence why i opted for something new and different that lead me to the Vattera SlickRock, and i am not comparing the two
to start a sh!tstorm either.
New? Thats a rebranded MRC with a different shell.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Silly hosers.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

in the word NEW...i didnt men a new Tech, only new to me!
ive never owned anything smaller then 1:10th scale.

again, Axial still loses my $$$
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

New innovation is great in the respect that it keeps the hobby moving forward. I own a fleet of axial rigs including an EXO and could not be happier with my fleet and feel that I would rather see Axial stay in business doing what they do best than trying to re-invent the wheel. I enjoy the fact that the parts are so available and can keep parts in stock for me and the other 15 to 20 guys that run on my course. I would hate to see this turn into something like the racing scene where you car and every part associated with it are outdated and becoming discontinued or impossible to get because the LHS will only stock parts for the newest platform. I haves owned virtually every other make of crawler out there and have always traded them off for my Axials. Just my .02
jreckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

No one said anything about REPLACING the SCX-10
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:03 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire View Post
No one said anything about REPLACING the SCX-10
Exactly! I don't see why another line can't be added.
Also Axial could outsource parts to some of our fine vendors here for the transfer and motor/trans front mount set up. Doubt that would happen but it would cut development cost.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
New? That's an SCX-10 with a different shell. Actually they didn't even bother with a new shell, just new paint. They just keep coming...

Last edited by Arctic Fire; 03-24-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

With new tires and wheels
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

They should have put their new logo on it.

..Maybe that was over the line.

Traxxial

Last edited by Arctic Fire; 03-24-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Axial has become like a certain rtr rc company that churns out the same dang thing over and over with just new bodies and or an altered chassis. I have literally built a monster truck, St truck, and a Sc truck out of the same platform. Wont say the name but rhythms with laxxas. just changed chassis and body. Thats all. Don't get me wrong I love my small fleet of Axial rigs but I would love something new.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:23 AM   #51

I like how they promote the new tyre as competitive, but from way back in years 2004-2008. Over 5 years ago. C'mon Axial. Pick up ya game.
Austke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #52
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austke View Post
I like how they promote the new tyre as competitive, but from way back in years 2004-2008. Over 5 years ago. C'mon Axial. Pick up ya game.
It's still extremely competitive but harder to get and with the slowing of rock crawling in the full size BFG pulled back on sponsorship and many teams went elsewhere to follow the path of free tires. Maxxis, Falken, Cooper all come to mind in that scenario. I bet if you go those comp guys alone and asked what they'd most like to run if given the chance, BFG would be at the top. That BFG is definitely one of my favorites. I've ran the previous version of it by the other companies, but I think the details, height, and R35 compound is a winner here
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Asking Axial to do anything we want is like yelling at the wall. I love their stuff, it is simple and durable (for the most part) out of the box. However, they turned their back on a lot of people when they discontinued the original AX10 and XR10. The new AX10 is a complete joke, useless for comp or scale. As for the XR, yeah most serious people only wanted the axel cases, and used aftermarket everything else, but once the kit went away, so did a lot of that aftermarket support. As a basic MOA the kit was a good starting point though, and gave a lot of people a decent start.

As for the OP proposal, it would be nice to see a narrower OCP, call it an AR44? As for a separate tranny and t-case, I don't think the design would be hard at all, especially with reworking the existing parts they make. They invested in a new tranny case for the Wraith, it is basically the original AX/SCX tranny, same gears and basic shape, they just added a DIG box on the back. Making A new front mount for the motor would also be super simple to do. They could probably fit a tranny housing, T-case housing, and mount all on one injection mold. For as much as they wasted making a mold for the goofy driver on the new AX10, obviously the molds aren't too expensive for them.

As for the Jeep thing, no love here. But if they wanted a Jeep licensed truck, I'd like to see the FC concept be made. Now that was a sweet looking Jeep.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It's still extremely competitive but harder to get and with the slowing of rock crawling in the full size BFG pulled back on sponsorship and many teams went elsewhere to follow the path of free tires. Maxxis, Falken, Cooper all come to mind in that scenario. I bet if you go those comp guys alone and asked what they'd most like to run if given the chance, BFG would be at the top. That BFG is definitely one of my favorites. I've ran the previous version of it by the other companies, but I think the details, height, and R35 compound is a winner here
KOH and rock racing are the new thing and the Krawler doesnt do as well. Back in the day when actual crawling was king these tires shines. Now that they are adding the go fast aspect BFG has switched gears. They make the Baja TA KRT for the go fast rock crawling and a prototype KR2 tire as well.
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Why would axial build yet another version of the scx to sell to such a small percentage of buyers? The constant rehashing of the jk sells end of story.

If you want a remote motor setup I just saw a sweet conversion that was just released in the vendors section.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #56

I just totally agree with giving some attention to the scx10 that made axial what they are..that alone should have been enough reason for them to have gave us ar60's in scx width when they was originally desighned...the way I see it is the wraith should be the one with the scx housings in wraith width and the scx should have got the ar60 in scx width...of coarse the front motor and tranny case would be so cool but we can always do that ourselves..I just want a set of plastic housings at a decent price that look as scaoe as possible..the new vaterra blazer got nice scale axles..if vaterra can do it axial should have done it first...have you seen the nylon scx axles gcm is making there so awesome ..they look so cool..the pumpkin is offset on the front version even..this is the housing axial should have made..if gcm can get the molds surely axial can and obviously they plan on profit..I think if axial made a set of housingslike these they would sell more of them than any other product they have ever made..just think every scx10 and scx10 based build would want to upgrade there housings..this is the smart move in my book...
Jaketheone46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #57
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Vaterra was listening and Axial has their head stuck in the sand.. IIRC the Ascender is just what the OP was wanting out of Axial.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

What I would like to see is a true "Builders kit". You can keep your stupid glue on wheels and whatever tire that I am most likely going to throw on the back of my bench to collect dust, along with the body that I don't care about.

I don't want the same truck as everyone else, inside or out. I really like Axial trucks but I don't like paying for licensed stuff I don't want.
You say Jeep is what sells and you're right but it's not like we have much of a choice. Last truck I bought was a Dingo because it was the cheapest. Threw away the wheels/tires and body.

Oh yeah, you can keep your ready to run junk too.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
What I would like to see is a true "Builders kit". You can keep your stupid glue on wheels and whatever tire that I am most likely going to throw on the back of my bench to collect dust, along with the body that I don't care about.

I don't want the same truck as everyone else, inside or out. I really like Axial trucks but I don't like paying for licensed stuff I don't want.
You say Jeep is what sells and you're right but it's not like we have much of a choice. Last truck I bought was a Dingo because it was the cheapest. Threw away the wheels/tires and body.

Oh yeah, you can keep your ready to run junk too.
Since you plan on throwing everything out, I think I found a builders kit for you
Attached Images

Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

I didn't say everything. You might want to read that again.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote

TCX-10 Trail Platform - listening axial? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Listening to music? EeePee Chit Chat 9951 03-24-2024 06:47 PM
Axial Wraith Front Sway Bar on the scx10 platform BuhBoombuh Axial SCX-10 23 08-22-2013 11:48 AM
What are you listening to in your shop? 1tonscout Chit Chat 31 07-20-2013 08:54 PM
It is 5 am, and you are listening to Los Angeles EeePee Chit Chat 4 10-17-2010 09:15 AM
Listening To Anything Good? 2JSC Chit Chat 33 07-22-2008 04:48 PM