Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Old school Custom Parts & ReIntroduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Old school Custom Parts & ReIntroduction

It's been a long time, but I know where to come for answers.

I have a ton of old school custom crawler parts. Maybe some will remember when we had to build everything we would RCCrawl like we do our real rigs.

Anyway, I have a ton of parts, and I'm not sure how to find out what it's worth anymore. After looking in the Classifieds through the first 4 or 5 pages, I figured I'd ask if anyone still builds, and if there is any value in some of my old parts?

I'm not getting rid of everything. Probably the majority of it, but not everything. Still plan to get back and finish some projects and build some I had planned, but now with my son doing most of the work.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask here first. I'll have to figure out what all I'm selling, then figure out how to post pics and come up with some prices, but was just curious if its got any value here.

Mostly what I have is Clod axles and parts, XFactor axles, TLT kits (x3) a TXT, and a lot of EMaxx axles locked up and ready to use for solid axle projects.

Thanks for any input. And I'll be surfing around and seeing what's new out there, besides the Axial trucks.

Jason.... Glad y'all are still around. Of all the sites, it doesn't surprise me you are. Look forward to connecting with some of my old friends on here, if they haven't disappeared like I needed to for a while.
T-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
20K Club

Default Re: Old school Custom Parts & ReIntroduction

Clods, still around but very little in crawling any longer. The super class has not completely died but any competitive super is going to be running a much different axle than we did back in the day.

TLT's, again not a ton of action as there are cheaper/better options available now with better parts support (almost non-existent for the TLT now).

X-Factor, I remember wanting a set of those in the worst way! Haven't heard much about them in quite awhile, no idea if there is a market for them.

Emaxx, same story...

Things have come a long ways now, Axial is still the main competitor but there are some releases from Gmade and RC4WD is a much bigger player than they used to be.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Good to know
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I remember wanting a set of those X-factors too, but they were too expensive, with very limited support. I still think it sucks we have one option for large shafty axles to build a super.

I ran as far from my TLT axles as I could once the replaceable knuckle option came along, but there is still a pulse in the TLT section. I still miss the splined diff and axles. Compared to today's sloppy options, they put current axles to shame in that aspect.

as for the emaxx stuff, I can't say, as I never saw the appeal. Build something cool.

good luck
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I got a ton of clod axle stuff too. I debate what to do with it. I have aluminum axle tubes and a bunch of cool heavy duty stuff. I think I'm stuck with it unless I wanna take next to nothing for it.
Master Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You can send the clod/txt stuff to me and I promise to give it a good home!
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #7

i dont think the xfactor got the chance it deserved. its a pretty neat truck, little bit of tweaking and you would have an awesome super-sized nitro foff.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

TLT axles still work great but mostly used for scale builds needing a narrow width, not so much used in crawling anymore. I love my TLTs and am always looking for more....

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Basher View Post
I got a ton of clod axle stuff too. I debate what to do with it. I have aluminum axle tubes and a bunch of cool heavy duty stuff. I think I'm stuck with it unless I wanna take next to nothing for it.
Just PM'd you my email.

Going through some of my stuff today, my son got excited to start building a crawler. Also, looking at the tuber chassis I built, I think it's too heavy for the TLT axles, and a good fit for Clods. But I need some Clod parts to finish one set of axles for it.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info y'all. I'll see what I do. May have to dump some things, or just go back and build something out of what I have. My son was a little excited to see some of the things we had that he didn't know about.

Old school Custom Parts & ReIntroduction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Custom Sw2 Old School Style!! Sparky J Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 99 08-31-2007 11:24 AM