RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   RC4WD Super Bully Extra wide??? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/491667-rc4wd-super-bully-extra-wide.html)

JandG 04-16-2014 07:24 AM

RC4WD Super Bully Extra wide???

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone removed the short axle tube and replaced it with a long axle tube?
Can it be done?

Crawllife 04-16-2014 10:31 PM

Re: RC4WD Super Bully Extra wide???

I'm sure you could if you bought the second long side shaft too. You won't get many hits on this because it would make it too wide to comp. functionality is huge to comp crawler guys. Building a super that couldn't be comped is an expensive venture.

filotr14lsdude 04-16-2014 10:48 PM

It can be done. It's not to hard at all.
The issue would be you would have to buy 4 sets of tubes and cvds.

As for being to wide, there's not that much difference between the 2. About 30mm.
I'm running standard length tubes and using the 850vp hubs to get the width I want.

So if you we're to go to the full lengths you would need to look at something like the 225 hubs. This would be a good plan as you would reduce the amount of scrub.

If you look at some of the berg super builds, there running the 850 Hubs and spacers to get the width required.

You would need a different upper link mount as the current one suits the standard tubes. Something like the bully xld upper link mounts would work.
I think the xlds use the 2 short side tubes

stubs179 04-17-2014 06:22 AM

My super bullys are 9.5" kingpin to kingpin. If you put a long tube on the other side it will put you at 11". So an inch and a half wider. You can put a long side tube on that side you will just have to grind a little notch to clear the bearing. It would be to wide for a comper but what are you planning on building?

JandG 04-17-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 4748451)
My super bullys are 9.5" kingpin to kingpin. If you put a long tube on the other side it will put you at 11". So an inch and a half wider. You can put a long side tube on that side you will just have to grind a little notch to clear the bearing. It would be to wide for a comper but what are you planning on building?

Stubs,

I just had a thought. I might tear into some super bullies and see how they come out with two long tubes. Super bullies with two long tubes would be around 14"-15" wide hex to hex "Guessing"

billet works 04-17-2014 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did this a few years back. Required some grinding on the long tubes but other than that pretty straight forward. I just bought 4 axles and ended up with a narrow pair for another project. "thumbsup"

JandG 04-18-2014 05:00 AM

Billet works......Hott Damn!! That thing is wide!!!!

pigblanket 04-21-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billet works (Post 4748740)
I did this a few years back. Required some grinding on the long tubes but other than that pretty straight forward. I just bought 4 axles and ended up with a narrow pair for another project. "thumbsup"

I want to see the wheels for that thing.

billet works 04-22-2014 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this little thing? :mrgreen: