Notices

Thread: 57 plus miles in 24 hours

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #21
Y-Town Crawlers

Default Re: 57 plus miles in 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
I call COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT on a stock axial brushed motor running for 24 hours. I know the one in my Daughters RTR Wraith made it almost 24 FEET before it smoked. NO WAY it made it 24 hours, as they are implying.
It happened, the track is 10 minutes from my house.

I drove with Tim for a while... Then had lunch, broke my truck, fixed it, ran a ton of laps, broke it again, fixed it, jumped it off a shed, then went home and slept for 8 hours, all while that RTR kept running.

The average speed wasn't very fast, but when you think of the reality of driving for that long, it's an impressive record.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSmith View Post
Nope it was real, I had planned to run my own scx10 truck just because its a beast filled with upgrades and I had just run it for 8 hours on a single MaxAmps 2 cell pack (8000 mah) plus i could run a higher speed (meaning more miles towards the Guinness record) but then I just thought doing it with an RTR might be fun, or a nightmare if it turned out to be a piece of junk… but the honest truth is other then a motor lead breaking off the motor at about 14 hours in the truck was impressive. I did blow the idler gear at about 330 am all because I was tired and got high centered on a rock and blasted the throttle from forward to reverse too aggressively… I was tired…
Thanks for chiming in Tim. Please keep doing what you do! the speed records are awesome.
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Thats funny, why would you make this up? lol Do you really think people are that desperate to make up this type of lie for publicity? oh and make and edit videos to that effect?
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
I call BS also, I don't care where you are or what terrain you drive. The video is hacked. I've driven all kinds of rigs and none of them have lasted anywhere close to that time. I could care less if you find the PERFECT gearing or not. It's total BULLSHIT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who know me here know there is no way I would support a BS story. I was there the entire time... well I did fall asleep for a couple hours. But this did go down exactly as the story is written. The rig was stock. I did not expect it but, those were the only failures.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #25

Video of the 24 hour Iron Man run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfailcN3BPw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
TimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I don't know of a single one that had the motor last more than about a hour with stock gearing. Mine made it down my driveway and almost back to me when it smoked and two of my friends got maybe 30 minutes on theirs. Then the screws which constantly came loose and fell out. One of my friends learned from the other and took his apart and super glued every screw as he put it back together and replaced many of the screws.

I just find this really hard to believe on a stock wraith with no real mods done or not changing screws or gluing them in or something.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Ive got well over 10 hours of run time on my stock 27T...No breaks to speak of as well...I can definitely see it possible.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #28

I did go over the whole truck before the run and make sure everything was tight but that was it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
TimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

My stock rtr motor went 9 months.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
I don't know of a single one that had the motor last more than about a hour with stock gearing. Mine made it down my driveway and almost back to me when it smoked and two of my friends got maybe 30 minutes on theirs. Then the screws which constantly came loose and fell out. One of my friends learned from the other and took his apart and super glued every screw as he put it back together and replaced many of the screws.

I just find this really hard to believe on a stock wraith with no real mods done or not changing screws or gluing them in or something.
I've Been buying them new from people replacing them and are running them in all kinds of stuff . Haven't had one burn up yet .
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
My stock rtr motor went 9 months.
The stock 20t motor with stock 80t spur and 20t pinion? I just can't see it if you are running stock gears especially when they will cause a good motor to burn up. I know of at least 8 people that ran stock gears and motors and the motor burned up within 1 hour.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
The stock 20t motor with stock 80t spur and 20t pinion? I just can't see it if you are running stock gears especially when they will cause a good motor to burn up. I know of at least 8 people that ran stock gears and motors and the motor burned up within 1 hour.
You arent calling me a liar, are you?

I drove it at least 3 times per week for 9 months with a nimh 3300. It was bone stock from what I recall...but I may have put an 87t. Only motor that I have ever bought that was as others desribed was a titan 12t. The 21t is a much better motor but you wouldnt know it just by looking. I wouldnt buy a 20t axial, but it did last 9 months at a rtr weight. I did drive it pretty easy cause if i didnt, it would flop.
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang View Post
You arent calling me a liar, are you?

I drove it at least 3 times per week for 9 months with a nimh 3300. It was bone stock from what I recall...but I may have put an 87t. Only motor that I have ever bought that was as others desribed was a titan 12t. The 21t is a much better motor but you wouldnt know it just by looking. I wouldnt buy a 20t axial, but it did last 9 months at a rtr weight. I did drive it pretty easy cause if i didnt, it would flop.
No not calling you a liar its just really hard to believe that it lasted that long without changing the gearing cause of mine and my friends experiences with them and the stock gearing. We all run 87/15 now and have not had any issues unless we run OD/UD gears.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

its not the motor or gearing that caused it to blow up its the person behind the controller that has been running it hard as possible and than they notice hot electrical smell because the motor is hot and they keep going i just ran my dingo with stock gears and stock 27 turn motor with a tekin fxr for 7 hours and 13000 mah at pewits nest and had zero issues and if you don't believe me you can ask the people that were at pewits nest yes it got hot and started to get weak at the end of the day but that's because i have been running it since December since my tekin craped out on me
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I have to chime in on this thread in Tim's behalf. This went down exactly as described in the review. Some people that are doubting it, should look at the list of guys saying this is accurate. They are members that are known for honesty, and/or telling it like it is.

Tim didn't drive the rig like a basher. He drove it like a guy trying to set a record; meaning, not full throttle overworking the stock electronics. The rig was sprayed with CowRC cleaner and Cow RC lube at what would be normal maintenance intervals, helping the longevity of the stock equipment.

It's that simple!.... No trick camera work or dishonest people as some are implying. Watch the video proof!
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote

57 plus miles in 24 hours - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do people spend 100s and 100s of dollars and hours and hours of time and then Statik General Scale Talk 7 04-04-2013 03:05 PM
320K miles and a Toyota 3.0L blows up..... toyofast Chit Chat 19 10-24-2006 10:05 PM
**48 hours, 1814 miles, new 1:1** Unimoger Chit Chat 79 10-16-2006 03:29 PM