Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Just saw this on FB. Oh look they put another body on the Scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Just saw this on FB. Oh look they put another body on the Scx10

I wish Axial would make this a kit and a better price.I have tons of radio gear of my own to put into a rc.
jcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Swing and a miss.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I would like to eventually get my first scx10 so this for me is good news. Some updates on an already good platform is good. I like the body and the cage. Out of all the scx10's I like this best and then the honcho. And thats coming from a big Jeep fan lol.

As for others, I guess its the same old.
KBR97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #24

this makes what 5 or 6 honcho with diff body
kirouac1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirouac1215 View Post
this makes what 5 or 6 honcho with diff body
Yes with different body.......... Oh and different drive shafts...... Oh and different slipper clutch...... Oh and different servo....... Oh and different esc, which is waterproof and 3s capable. But besides ALL those differences yes it's EXACTLY the same with a different body

Last edited by Wade; 05-03-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Yes with different body.......... Oh and different drive shafts...... Oh and different slipper clutch...... Oh and different servo....... Oh and different esc, which is waterproof and 3s capable. But besides ALL those differences yes it's EXACTLY the same with a different body

+1! Maybe soon it will be changed and we will get ultr4 with ifs/solid axle combination! Exo +wraith kind...
Yaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #27

I wish they would build something better maybe a kit to put ar60s under the scx10 or one with them already under it.

Sent from my ADR3010 using Tapatalk 2
nelson92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #28

I'm really not a fan of any axial body including this deadbolt bronco thingy. Everyone and there mother has a jeep. I dislike jeeps in rc and 1:1 crawling so it really bugs me that axial has dumped so many jeep variants on us. Im a scale guy and love realistic detailed bodies. I also love foreign 4x4s, toyotas, nissans, suzukis, rovers, etc. I love the idea of a bodiless kit and multiple axial licensed bodies from multiple oems. Gives us tinkerers plenty of choices for customization and would keep costs down on buying unnecessary bodies we disgard anyway. I do however like all the upgraded goodies that come with this new scx10.
olskooltoyotaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by olskooltoyotaluvr View Post
I dislike jeeps in rc and 1:1 crawling so it really bugs me that axial has dumped so many jeep variants on us
I love Jeeps in RC and 1:1 crawling so it really excites me that Axial has brought us so many jeep variants........and that is the flip side of that coin

I have owned 3 -1:1's, still have one of them great vehicle.......but I do understand peoples views on this
Old 05-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #30
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Traxxaxial - (A Szczerbaism')

Axial is copying the standard RC business model. It's been around since the 80's. Build the cheapest vehicle, re body it as many times as the public will buy it, and put a mediocre product to market.

When will the corporate RC companies realize that people are willing to pay good money for a good product. But by putting a cheap quality product out at a high price, it discourages people away from the Hobby, (IMO) because they must upgrade certain parts almost immediately. The box stock truck must have upgrades to even handle some of the most basic of trails.

I'm sure many people in the hobby, would save their money, for a VP RTR rig that would be practically indestructible right out-of-the-box.

Hello Axial, how hard would it be to offer a builder's version of your RC line where each truck is sold with all the Axial Hop Ups? Maybe the XR10 and the EXO would still be a viable platform. Consider this a free corporate suggestion for y'all to make money. Y'all don't even have to steal the trade mark line like you did from CI's first web site, you know...
Go anywhere, do anything
Yes, y'all took that from my original web site. You could at least have given CI credit for it.

I expect nothing less from corporate business. No ethics, no morals, no vision beyond the profit. Sad. You Sell outs.

...Sent from the car headed home from the RECON G6 in St Louis...
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Is it really Axial or Hobbico's doing??

The same Ol'rehash..Traxxas style?
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #32
RCC Addict

^^^ does it even matter who it is anymore? This is the main reason I do not buy their kits new anymore. I'm still waiting on missing parts and hardware they were going to send me. To me the worst customer service ever. I'll do parts trading and buy used before I buy new from them again, no origionality.

Same old stolen parts with minor tweaks since 2005. Differential gears taken from hpi rs4, tossed out the spider gears and gave us a cheap green chunk of aluminum for a locker and finally upgraded us to the iron cross.... But still no actual one piece locker after almost 10 years.

Trans is just a copy of a stealth with modified outputs...... Still out of the box has lame final gear and top gear that needs replaced..... Final is still hollow and weak I suppose, I just toss any of the ones I have and don't run them to put in RR gears. Couldn't re design it to lay down and have better cog...

But traxxas did this same thing with the revival of the stampede with monster truck tires.... Hoped for great sales but......... It was a 2wd monster truck, lol. Actually I would had bought one if it had been 4 wd. But who wants a monster truck that is 2wd? No one...... Let alone sell it only as an rtr with a fm radio. Sounds like using up old new parts, tossing on New tires and a new body. Silly, just silly.

My mild rant is over..... I'm just shaking my head, lol.

Last edited by JokersWild; 05-04-2014 at 11:30 AM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I guess those willing to pay for a heavy upgraded version would be completely outnumbered by those wanting a cheap RTR. How can you sell a car that is double the price? I for sure wouldn't have started with this if I was met with a "entrance fee" of $1000. Ok I have blasted past that amount since, but it just doesn't appeal to newbies. The sad truth is that they really don't have any real competition regarding scalers. Why did they discontinue the XR10? I'm guessing they probably didn't sell anywhere near as much of them and didn't make much profit from it. I don't do comp crawling so I don't know wether they where competitive or or not

Regarding this "new" model I kind of like it. Looks good and has some nice upgrades.
Odd-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd-M View Post
I guess those willing to pay for a heavy upgraded version would be completely outnumbered by those wanting a cheap RTR. How can you sell a car that is double the price? I for sure wouldn't have started with this if I was met with a "entrance fee" of $1000. Ok I have blasted past that amount since, but it just doesn't appeal to newbies. The sad truth is that they really don't have any real competition regarding scalers. Why did they discontinue the XR10? I'm guessing they probably didn't sell anywhere near as much of them and didn't make much profit from it. I don't do comp crawling so I don't know wether they where competitive or or not

Regarding this "new" model I kind of like it. Looks good and has some nice upgrades.
I have been on three different "RC" forums, and I see this all the time......not just with Axial but every major brand out there, and with all different RC niche's. And as you stated, you wouldn't have gotten in to this hobby, paying an extreme amount for a fully upgraded toy............guess what? neither would have anyone else, even the ones who say they want axial to offer such a product..........and they will tell you they would, but no one in there right mind would dish out that kind of money first getting into the hobby. And I have noticed on the various forums, that a lot of people posting are experts in marketing, engineering, and basically knowing what the entire population wants, compared to the actual person working for the company who is raking in all the money. And I by all means am not saying I wanted to see this particular rig or even like it or don't, just stating we are at the mercy of the developers.....some will like it and others won't.

Last edited by Wade; 05-04-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

The more I think about it the more I can't really complain. Scx10 is a great starting point for most scale rigs. I am thinking of getting the new scx10 deadbolt. It's is advanced some over the other scx10 rigs. No new aftermarket parts needed and great upgrades already added. Would we like a new platform? Yes we would. But also what is going to happen when we get a new platform? We will either be waiting for aftermarket parts or modifying it with home made parts. The next thing I think axial needs to do is a artr kit with no body or a roller kit that way a custom build would be easier to swallow the initial kit price. More body options from axial would be awesome too.
slim_chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I like this new SCX10. It is cheaper because they cut down on all the needless name branded crap that hiked the price up on jeeps. The only name brand stuff on it are the rims, tires, front bumper, and light bar lens grates. It has a waterproof ESC, a stronger servo that now has ball bearings instead of bushings, and they improved the wildboar driveshafts in several ways. They also now have a 32 pitch spur gear which is supposed to handle high torque better.

I'm working on getting my finances in order so I can save for an SCX10 and this one looks like the perfect one for me. My only complaint is that they don't have metal lower links and steering links as a standard accessory. I hear that metal links are almost mandatory from the start.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I see it all the time where someone posts 'what should i get???' on this and other forums. The answer is almost always 'SCX10, great rig right from the start, lots of aftermarket support, large knowledge base available on the web' etc. Then when Axial brings out the latest version of the SCX10 lots of negative comments about the company and the truck.

Maybe it should be looked at as a gateway vehicle. Some of those n00bs will end up upgrading, for fun, necessity, or to be competitive. Some will do custom builds, some will make stuff (and might become vendors). That helps the after market guys make money, then they can come up with better tires, new wheels, suspension bits, whatever.
7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

^ very well said
Old 05-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Truck looks sweet.....
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Just saw this on FB. Oh look they put another body on the Scx10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the best water proof combo to put in my scx10 Stew82 Electronics 2 09-07-2013 10:18 PM
Best way to put a summit tranny in a scx10 J.T. Axial SCX-10 3 11-09-2011 11:02 AM
can i put 120mm shocks on a scx10? motostowes Newbie General 15 07-17-2010 03:46 PM
Help me put together an SCX10 kit on the cheap... ScalerFab Axial SCX-10 7 03-06-2010 09:46 PM
Anyone put this body on an SCX10? solomon7 Axial SCX-10 12 05-29-2009 09:11 PM