RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Back pack crawler? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/497035-back-pack-crawler.html)

grunt95 05-31-2014 10:34 PM

Back pack crawler?

So since im done with school I have decided to dedicate this summer to biking 200 miles before im off to college. I had the great idea of bringing a crawler with me because I like to go off road a lot and I always see great crawling spots but I never have a rig with me. So my question to you guys is if you had only a back pack to carry a small rig plus your contoler what rig would it be?
Thanks
Grunt

slim_chance 06-01-2014 01:19 AM

Re: Back pack crawler?

Depends on the backpack. Might be able to fit a losi mini. Or strap a ax10 or scx10 on the outside.

halonine 06-01-2014 03:10 AM

Should be able to fit an scx10 into a decent sized backpack. My jk will fit into mine with the tx. But again, doing a long ride, remember to carry lots of water with you, may be more important than the crawler ;)

grunt95 06-01-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim_chance (Post 4793066)
Depends on the backpack. Might be able to fit a losi mini. Or strap a ax10 or scx10 on the outside.

here is the back pack im using.
Ozark Trail 19L Kalispell Backpack: Outdoor Sports : Walmart.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by halonine (Post 4793082)
Should be able to fit an scx10 into a decent sized backpack. My jk will fit into mine with the tx. But again, doing a long ride, remember to carry lots of water with you, may be more important than the crawler ;)

It wont go in the back pack it will be straped on the outside and I dont think a scx10 will fit. I have a twin hammer right now and its barely fits in that spot. I also dont have to worry about water because I have a 2L water pack in the back pack itself.

doublej 06-01-2014 06:42 PM

Build a quick and simple shafty

Natedog 06-01-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunt95 (Post 4792981)
So since im done with school I have decided to dedicate this summer to biking 200 miles before im off to collage. I had the great idea of bringing a crawler with me because I like to go off road a lot and I always see great crawling spots but I never have a rig with me. So my question to you guys is if you had only a back pack to carry a small rig plus your contoler what rig would it be?
Thanks
Grunt

Maybe Losi Micro Trail Trekker, but I'd pass on any crawler and do the bike ride. Stuff in pack gets heavy real quick, I'd rather have food, gear, water and emergency med stuff. "thumbsup"

slim_chance 06-01-2014 08:18 PM

A scx10 should strap on that with ease. But that is going to be extra weight to include charger batteries field tool kit and remote.

Dad,Canyoufix? 06-01-2014 08:31 PM

I would fill my back pack with Lipos and hike the 20 of the 200. Otherwise, look into a steel wire storage shelve for your bike and strap an scx to it. Biking with a backpack is "fun" enough. Strapping a 6-10lb truck to the outside sounds terrible.

C*H*U*D 06-01-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunt95 (Post 4792981)
... before im off to collage.

Is it an Art Collage?

Just messing with you :mrgreen:

I also vote to skip the crawler and just ride, but if you must I'd go with an MRC. I'd also skip the back pack and get a rack.

MattTheGenus 06-01-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 4793875)
Is it an Art Collage?

I also vote to skip the crawler and just ride, but if you must I'd go with an MRC. I'd also skip the back pack and get a rack.

Glad somebody caught it. :)

I would take a losi trail trekker, it weighs almost nothing.

grunt95 06-02-2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublej (Post 4793700)
Build a quick and simple shafty

Good idea but im not really a comp guy I like scale looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 4793800)
Maybe Losi Micro Trail Trekker, but I'd pass on any crawler and do the bike ride. Stuff in pack gets heavy real quick, I'd rather have food, gear, water and emergency med stuff. "thumbsup"

I want to climb over rock and not pebbles. I will have food, water and emergency medy med stuff. The back pack also has a water pack in it now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim_chance (Post 4793816)
A scx10 should strap on that with ease. But that is going to be extra weight to include charger batteries field tool kit and remote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad,Canyoufix? (Post 4793848)
I would fill my back pack with Lipos and hike the 20 of the 200. Otherwise, look into a steel wire storage shelve for your bike and strap an scx to it. Biking with a backpack is "fun" enough. Strapping a 6-10lb truck to the outside sounds terrible.

weight is the big problem here with an SCX10. I like the storage shelve idea but I have no cash right now to buy one. I also like to go off jumps and I would be afraid of it falling off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 4793875)
Is it an Art Collage?

*fixed it*:flipoff:
Spelling was never my cup of tea. Thats why im going to a Tech College to get my machinist Diploma.

I think im just going to stick with my twin hammer and build that up to where I want it. Its light, batteries are small for it and hopefully once Im done with it, it wont break as much..

KBR97 06-02-2014 07:13 PM

I would go for the bicycle cargo rack idea. I would rather have it strapped securely to the bike than to my back.
$20-30 can get you a basic rack from amazon.

djjiz 06-02-2014 07:22 PM

I usually run a pack with two snap on strapa that allow me to hang a rig by two wheels. With a little creativity you could secure 4 wheels. I'll try to post a pic when I get home.

Richterat83 06-02-2014 07:37 PM

Offroad bike trailer? Carry all you need then disconnect if you find a spot you want to take the bike off some sweet jumps

tgh117 06-02-2014 08:35 PM

Back pack crawler?

Hard tail or full suspension bike? I don't know that I'd go rear rack with full suspension. Seems like your only option is your TH in the small, light, and scale dept. maybe a CC-01 would fit the bill in a close second place

grunt95 06-03-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 4794851)
I would go for the bicycle cargo rack idea. I would rather have it strapped securely to the bike than to my back.
$20-30 can get you a basic rack from amazon.

Thats a great idea but honestly I have fallen off my bike before going up hills and stuff I have also left my bike on the path before and walk a bit so I would rather keep it with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 4794868)
I usually run a pack with two snap on strapa that allow me to hang a rig by two wheels. With a little creativity you could secure 4 wheels. I'll try to post a pic when I get home.

pictures would be great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richterat83 (Post 4794880)
Offroad bike trailer? Carry all you need then disconnect if you find a spot you want to take the bike off some sweet jumps

Another great idea but I would be worried about the cost and going up dirt hills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgh117 (Post 4794961)
Hard tail or full suspension bike? I don't know that I'd go rear rack with full suspension. Seems like your only option is your TH in the small, light, and scale dept. maybe a CC-01 would fit the bill in a close second place

Hard tail and yeah a Twin hammer seems to be the best bet. With a CC01 I believe the bodies sit to high and I would have to figure out a different place to attach it.

Go4Broke 06-03-2014 02:21 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/04/e6uzyvu2.jpg
Something more of a small sporty pack with plenty of tie down options!

Hiking seems like a better idea, but this option keeps it secure if you ride offroad.

IS IT AUGUST YET???

ghtpdm5 06-03-2014 02:24 PM

i strap the lcc to my backpack no problem, carry it pretty often when i feel like going out and about. a quick carry bag for me is:

the dc charger
basic tools
enough batteries to outlast me
the camera bag
a nalgene
tripods
gloves
bag of gates
foams maybe
shock oil maybe

the biggest problem area for me is the transmitter, i have a pistol case cut to fit it, but its doesn't fit in the pack well. i usually have it around my neck with a strap. can pack around all day (or until the batteries are dead) and not be too sore the next day. organization is key, a place where everything goes and interferes with as little else as possible.

RcBro 06-03-2014 02:25 PM

I have a volcom Skateboard backpack that I use all the time. I can fit an MOA, Sport Radio and tools with lipos rather easily. Yet its not to bulky.