Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tziworld Beefy Highmount - ideas and interest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #21

Default Re: Tziworld Beefy Highmount - ideas and interest

Man put me down for one for sure. Ive been on the list for two years for a quicksand winch. Everytime I got money for a used one i can't find one. Everytime I don't have money I see them going for astronomical amounts of money. Anyways Free spool is a must. Scale would be cool but like stated above most of our crawlers are bigger then 1/12th scale. It be sweet to see another Warn replica. Maybe not the quicksand though. Anyways I hope this happens.
jakester79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Hey Jyi where are we with all this sweet new R&D?
And the V2 winch controller....?
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #23
Oppan Gangnam Style

Good to see someone take point on this.

I probably use my winches more than most and have literary hours of spool time on my first QS. It still performs flawlessly for winching duty but is getting very noisy.

Here's my opinion.

Free spool- Yes but no, unless it's 100% reliable in all scale comp conditions (fine dust/silt, mud, water, etc). As much as I like the free spool on my Quicksand, it has bound up on my on several occasions, basically locking it in freespool. I noticed my old QS freespool no longer works due to debris getting into the freespool mechanism despite regular cleaning and maintenance. Problem, all aluminum and binds plus there is no seal. I even installed a stronger spring but when it's dirty, it will bind. Solution, don't use freespool, run it on 4s for ultra fast line speed in or out.

Scale size- preferred but virtually impossible to do if you want performance and reliability so just get it close.

Replicate a 1:1 winch- For sure! Isn't that one of the core elements of scale?

Speed vs Strength- Strength is a must for reliability, speed is highly recommended. Nothing worse than judging a scale comp and watching someone's dismal attempt to get out of a tough spot using a worn out 3racing winch on 2s... just saying. Up to 200oz/in will get you out of just about any situation but like a 1:1 8k winch you may need a snatch block or two. 250oz/in+ is nothing but awesomeness. 3s capable or for those like me, C3 will require 4s.

Bulletproof and serviceable- Yes and yes.

3s capable- Yes. Design it to run on. 2s and 90% of us will run it on 3s anyway. Design it for 3s and some of us will run it on 4s.

RTR- No thank you, keep the cost down and sell the rest separately.

Price point- $200-$250 sounds like alot but like the QS, you get what you pay for. Too many people have no clue as to what it takes to manufacture something.

Mounting- What ever works best for your design. If you can't figure out how to drill holes to mount it, you don't deserve to have it.

Are you interested- YES!!

Last edited by chino63; 08-11-2014 at 06:57 PM.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Just do what that guy said. Wait, I'm that guy. Do what chino says.

But make it more scale accurate. Love my current TZI.

Edit: I don't care for free spool.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post

I probably use my winches more than most and have literary hours of spool time on my first QS. It still performs flawlessly for winching duty but is getting very noisy.

Here's my opinion.

Free spool- Yes but no, unless it's 100% reliable in all scale comp conditions (fine dust/silt, mud, water, etc). As much as I like the free spool on my Quicksand, it has bound up on my on several occasions, basically locking it in freespool. I noticed my old QS freespool no longer works due to debris getting into the freespool mechanism despite regular cleaning and maintenance. Problem, all aluminum and binds plus there is no seal. I even installed a stronger spring but when it's dirty, it will bind. Solution, don't use freespool, run it on 4s for ultra fast line speed in or out.

Scale size- preferred but virtually impossible to do if you want performance and reliability so just get it close.

Speed vs Strength- Strength is a must for reliability, speed is highly recommended. Nothing worse than judging a scale comp and watching someone's dismal attempt to get out of a tough spot using a worn out 3racing winch on 2s... just saying. Up to 200oz/in will get you out of just about any situation but like a 1:1 8k winch you may need a snatch block or two. 250oz/in+ is nothing but awesomeness. 3s capable or for those like me, C3 will require 4s.

3s capable- Yes. Design it to run on. 2s and 90% of us will run it on 3s anyway. Design it for 3s and some of us will run it on 4s.

Price point- $200-$250 sounds like alot but like the QS, you get what you pay for. Too many people have no clue as to what it takes to manufacture something.

Mounting- What ever works best for your design. If you can't figure out how to drill holes to mount it, you don't deserve to have it.

YEA! What he said. I don't have a QS was on list but never got notified..no biggy.

Scale and performance is what I look for. I have a C.L.A.W. don't know if you seen them they where scale enough and had free spool. I had 3..
One was stolen.. And one got lost during moving twice in a year.

It's going on that special build... That i haven't built yet..or know what I'm building.

I would definitely be up for 2 for sure.

One last thing serviceable! Parts? They Should be easy to find.

Last edited by lappdogg; 08-12-2014 at 05:38 AM.
lappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post

Here's my opinion.

I'm with you all the way until your price point.

Jyi nailed it with the beefy winch, initially at $99 & now $120.
A bit more than that for a new winch, sure.
Double that?

No.
Hell no.

Not necessary, and not practical.
Better to sell ~200 units @ $150 ea. than ~75-100 @ $200-$250 ea.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #27
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I'm with you all the way until your price point.

Jyi nailed it with the beefy winch, initially at $99 & now $120.
A bit more than that for a new winch, sure.
Double that?

No.
Hell no.

Not necessary, and not practical.
Better to sell ~200 units @ $150 ea. than ~75-100 @ $200-$250 ea.
If they are as detailed as the QS with all the custom machined parts (I was told there was a custom made gear in there somewhere...), I'm in.

Let's compromise and say a target of $150-$200 then?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Ok fine.
But with most things, volume vs. exclusivity often makes better business sense.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Status update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dots36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:27 AM   #30
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dots36 View Post
Status update?
Married
Tzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzi View Post
Married
lool
afrofroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

damn, your thinking of building another winch? I am gonna have to get one or 2 of those too! my 2 beefy winches are TOUGH. I dont need a free spool, but I am not a huge competitor. I was running my winch on 3s, and now down to 2s. 3s was just too damn fast! lol

KeepCalmandWinchOn!
L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:35 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

I'd be very interested in something scale like the classic warn 8274. It doesn't need to be exactly 1:10. About 1:8 or so would be ok I think.
kranswall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:07 AM   #34
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

Just thinking...
Is there a market for a larger winch that would fit the scale of a wraith or yeti... Or are they still 1:10?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:27 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzi View Post
Just thinking...
Is there a market for a larger winch that would fit the scale of a wraith or yeti... Or are they still 1:10?
1:9 is best
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Did anything ever become of this?
Jeff@TireBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #37
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

It certainly did... but unfortunately has taken MUCH longer than expected due to other commitments.
Something is in still the works, moving slowly... I was actually chatting to someone about it today ;)
Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

That's interesting, because I'm re-doing a 1/6 Hasbro Jeep, and I was looking for a winch that would look appropriately sized
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

Like lappdogg, I too was on the original list for two of the original monster winches and never received any word of their progress or completions. I would be interested in anything that works well and is remotely scale enough, but ultimately works to no end. Price point at 200-250 is completely doable and would like to get two when/if these things go live. Subscribing and am interested. Thanks for stepping up to reach out and fill a sad gap in the winch market.
thkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Are you still working on this or not anymore

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
juan r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tziworld Beefy Highmount - ideas and interest - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tziworld Beefy Winch Tzi Vendors Electronics 278 03-19-2016 06:28 PM
Tziworld Beefy Winch Controller - Now With Video!!! Tzi Vendors Electronics 42 09-07-2014 05:29 PM
New Tziworld Winch Tzi General Crawlers 37 09-25-2013 11:44 AM
New Tziworld Winch Tzi Electronics 35 09-23-2013 10:04 PM
*** GIVEAWAY *** Tziworld Beefy Winch Controller Giveaway... 2 Chances to win!! Tzi General Crawlers 67 07-21-2012 10:26 AM