Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Kyosho AXXE T3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Arrow Kyosho AXXE T3

Hey all,
Been looking for a replacement truck after selling my SCX10 (to capable, giving me no challenges and also to fund my 1/1) I decided on this.

I'm going to buy it from Fishpond which is like an NZ online warehouse, but the problem is, is that it says 'Kit' but the photos don't show kit. All it show is the body that needs to be assembled. So could you please check out this link Kyosho EZ-B Kit AXXE T1 Model Kit, White by Kyosho - Shop Online for Toys in NZ and tell me what the story is. I've never bought though fishpond but Tower Hobbies doesn't stock this and shippings over $100 USD through RPP.
Thanks tonnes guys,
Trillo

Last edited by TrilloThrillo110; 07-31-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Typo
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
SuperShafty.com

Default Re: Kyosho AXXE T3

its cool looking, but its barely above toy grade.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Kyosho AXXE T3 (I mean T1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
i...but its barely above toy grade.
That's good cause it means its cheap
Nah, I used to have a Duratrax Baja Bug which I sold when they stopped producing them but ever since then I've never had such a fun RC. The great appeal is (to me) is that it is so cheap meaning I can still afford the 1/1
For me the choice is pretty much a cheap "just above toy-grade' RC or nothing at all. And anyway, it won't stay cheap once I get some more money (if I get this truck ). My Duratrax would go most the places that my SCX10 or Wraith could go, just with a bit more throttle, and with the pathetic terrain that is around me, they used to just walk over everything (You all know how boring it is when you have NO challenge!)

But anyways, does anyone know about whether it is a complete kit or whether it's just the body?

And also I noticed the one for sale on RPP is a T3, where as this is a T1.
Any explanation about this.

Thanks all,
Trillo

Last edited by TrilloThrillo110; 07-31-2014 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Another Typo!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

From what I understand, the trans, shocks, etc are all assembled. Bolts together in less than an hour.

Good looking rig, no reason it cannot be hopped up as you go. turnbuckles, shocks, and a bit of paint and it should look pretty sweet.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Its based on the same platform as the Kyosho Sand Master buggy- I bought one as a cheap 'kit'. It comes with the transmission built, so it goes together quite quickly. Its more an 'alternative look' , cheap buggy rather than a desert racer / SC type vehicle. It actually runs OK if you just want somethig to run around the local dirt patch / bmx track. The stock dampers are friction type and the springs are a bit on the hard side. I swapped mine out for some cheap oil filled shocks and they were better.

There are quite a few guys on Tamiyaclub forum with them (theres a specific thread there), some running mild brushless. I shaved a little materal under the rear wishbones at the inner pivot point to gain a little more droop, as there's not a lot of rear ground clearance in stock form.

At the money its no worse than a Tamiya Sand Rover / Holiday Buggy or one of the cheaper DT-02 buggy variants - on visuals alone its a bit different to the norm at that price point.

Last edited by Percymon; 08-01-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Arrow Re: Kyosho AXXE T3

Thanks guys for the input.
Last night I figured out that it comes 'Semi-Kit' after reading Kyosho USA's page on it 1/10 EP 2WD EZ-B Kit AXXE T1 W I was fine with building it so I was getting ready to buy it when I decided (for some unkneown reason to me) that I'd look at the photos on Kyosho USA's site once more when I noticed that there was no photo of a Transmitter (or Receiver). So, I read the whole page and right at the bottom it said this.

Yip, needed a Tx + Rx. Bother.
So I headed over to Trade Me and found a cheapie Tx and Rx for $45 shipped. Cheap but it still made my $230 basher into a $275 basher, putting a bit much strain on my 1/1 truck to buy it, still knowing so little about it.
So, I have some questions....

1. In the photo above, it also says requires servo, yet in the photo from Fishpond (see below), it show a servo. So does it come with a servo or not?

2. Can the ESC take 2S?

3. What size rims are on the buggyish-sort-of-thing?

Here's Fishponds photo.

Thanks guys, and please help if you can
Trillo
Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

How much are these? Are there any reviews of it on Youtube? have seen the Yeti?

Ive heard good things about Kyosho but never owned one this one does not look to be hobby grade to me....... What size motor does it come with?

It looks like it will fall apart...... Buy a used scx10... Or a slash or something else.. Even stock they hold together.. Yes everyone upgrade with Vanquish parts that cost the same or more than 1:1 parts ..... BUT U DONT HAVE TOO JUST TO HAVE SOME FUN!

thats my 2 cents

Last edited by 5VoltDetonator; 08-01-2014 at 04:22 PM.
5VoltDetonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

$100 USD

There are some reviews on Youtube but I can't be bothered watching them cause they're junk.

They are definitely not Toy grade, very much Hobby grade, just entry level.

The motor size is 540 22T

I have already owned a SCX10 and a Wraith and they are just too capable for the terrain near where I live, and I'm on an INCREDIBLY tight budget, so a new SCX10 is a no no until I get some more cash, and I'm not too keen on second hand after some bad experiences.

If I do get it and it's not good (capability wise) I'll lock it with diff putty or something.

Last edited by TrilloThrillo110; 08-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Alright guys, I've been doing plenty of research on the AXXE's and the more I do, the less I want one, and the more I NEED one!

There are very few Youtube videos on these buggies and the ones there are seem to show it as a pure basher, but I think I could make it a 'semi trail truck.' It definitely has bigger tires than my old Baja Bug and I got my Bug to a 'semi trail truck' stage. This truck seems less and less cheap as I watch videos and read up on these rigs. They definitely aren't SCX10 capable, but I think I could get it near that, as I know I more than did with my old Bug (It could out drive my SCX10 JK any day).

Here is a video that really makes me want, cough cough, NEED one

Last edited by TrilloThrillo110; 08-01-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Embedding Problems
Old 08-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Saw one of these in person at Kyosho North America, they had 3 types (styles), but they def. are not hobby grade, toy grade at best. Looked well made but was a little lacking, was one or two levels up from a new bright truck.
Just my opinion and I only fondled it, didn't drive it. Sooo hope this helps.

TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
Saw one of these in person at Kyosho North America, they had 3 types (styles), but they def. are not hobby grade, toy grade at best. Looked well made but was a little lacking, was one or two levels up from a new bright truck.
Just my opinion and I only fondled it, didn't drive it. Sooo hope this helps.

Man, you just made this ten times harder . I am thinking I might buy it and run it as the chassis seems pretty good before changing out all the electrics. Also change shocks after a while and tires/wheels. If I could afford a better car I would but I reckon I'll have to go with this. But to me, this is not Toy grade, it is very much Hobby grade, it has proper ESC and motor, beadlockers and is a lot higherer (if that's a word) performance than the Toy grade I talk about.

Last edited by TrilloThrillo110; 08-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Kyosho AXXE T3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kyosho 1/9 marmech Chit Chat 5 05-02-2009 11:24 PM
Anyone know what Kyosho this is? braceysdad Chit Chat 4 11-07-2005 10:34 AM