Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Giveaway Guidelines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleydoright15 View Post
Just a question I have over 32 post and still have to star yet and I have over 30 days on this forum. Am I eligable to enter in the contests?
30 posts + 30 days gets you in to the classifieds. You need to buy a star to enter giveaways
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

On the other side of it, is there a time limit that the vendor offering the Giveaway has to choose a winner after the ending date of the giveaway?

For example, this giveaway ended 3 days ago, but no response from the offering vendor, even though he's been on the forum every day. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...=ckrc+giveaway

Is there a certain time period he has and/or some sort of action taken if he doesn't follow through?
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Question

10-22-2009, 09:33 AM #1
rm25x
RadioControlDecals.com

$10 Gift Certificate Giveaway! (2 winners)

We wanted to kick off the launch of the new online store with a gift certificate giveaway! We will pick 2 winners Oct 31st at 10pm est.
You do not need a star to enter. We will use a random number generator to select 2 lucky winners.

Also, if you have a website and are interested in a link exchange, let us know.

We are also working on an affiliate program as well, so look for that in the near future!

You can follow us on Twitter, we will be posting discount coupons and more: http://twitter.com/greatlakessign

Looking forward to any suggestions/comments you may have.

Click the link in my sig to check out the new online store!

Feel free to use code "RCC10" for a 10% discount!

www.RadioControlDecals.com

Custom Name Decals, and more!

Last edited by rm25x; 10-22-2009 at 09:38 AM.

How about giveaways where the vendor states no star neccessary. I highlighted it in red to show where the said no star was neccessary. I will go back and delete my post if I need to. I do enjoy looking on the site, and have yet to buy a star. I do plan on it eventually just not there yet.
silverback4jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Default Re: Giveaway Guidelines

What about contests? I am running a contest with prizes for the best articles on the Axial Wraith. I posted with a link to the contest rules on my blog, and the post was deleted from the Axial Wraith forum. After talking with one of the admin's I was under the impression that the post was legit... No idea who deleted it though... since they didn't bother to send an explanation. The contest is specific to the Axial Wraith, and will produce articles that deal with tech for, you guessed it, the Axial Wraith. It's sponsored by board member vendors... What would make my post 'legal'. And please, miss me with the argument that my blog is taking people away from the forum... It's apples and oranges. My blog is not a forum, and this forum is not a blog. My blog has links back to this forum, and encourages visitors to my blog to come here. Anyway... a bit of a question and a rant all in one. And for the record... since it has in other posts been hinted that I am making money off of my blogs, if you think that, you're dead wrong. I lose money on them. Period. They are for the benefit of the GP, and nothing more. Nothing is being sold, and that is that... They are strictly informational, and ARE a benefit to this forum and to the general rc crawler community. [/frustration][/rant]

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 12-31-2012 at 01:38 PM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Personally I think the only contests allowed on the RCC forums should be for contributors only with any level of star. Unless it is the Christmas giveaway where they want to give lucky non-contibutors a free star for the year! They are the only ones that should be free!! This site gets crazy enough with the contributor giveaways!! Just my two cents from Canada, eh!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
On the other side of it, is there a time limit that the vendor offering the Giveaway has to choose a winner after the ending date of the giveaway?
Is there a certain time period he has and/or some sort of action taken if he doesn't follow through?
I think this question is relevant too.
Especially if no winner is announced even months after the stated end date...
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #27

Here is my opinion on getting some kind of freaking warning for post in a Christmas giveaway...RCcrawler forum can kiss my butt...I did not do anything to warrent a GD warning in my email box because I Posted "cool givaway love the 12 days of RC theme" and you give me a warning for that ?? Screw this forum...I won't ever be a contributor to a site that does this crap...
cschofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #28
RCC Addict

hey, at least you used the search bar to find this thread, and then proceed to bump it with your rant
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschofie View Post
Here is my opinion on getting some kind of freaking warning for post in a Christmas giveaway...RCcrawler forum can kiss my butt...I did not do anything to warrent a GD warning in my email box because I Posted "cool givaway love the 12 days of RC theme" and you give me a warning for that ?? Screw this forum...I won't ever be a contributor to a site that does this crap...
Did you do it "IN" a giveaway ?
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #31
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
ummm, dudeman... you "innocently" broke a rule and got a warning.
That's what happens.
I assume you are just offended because 1 warning doesn't really impact your life...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #32
RcBros Hobbies

A warning seems best as it lets you correct the problem. I don't see the reason for the bitch.... A chance to get free swag from killer vendors.. Man that really sucks.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So...you had the presence of mind to search for this thread, but failed to read (or outright ignored) the rules on giveaways, and now you're pissed because someone called you out on it with a warning? If your reaction to an infraction here is any indication of your behavior in the real world, it appears that you may not be not much of a contributor to....anything. Take the warning and move on, leave, stay and contribute...whatever, just suck it up and deal with it.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

First of all: Digging up an 8+ year old thread? WTF?

Second, if you can't put aside 5.48 cents per day to support this site; which I am sure you are learning something from; you aren't paying attention.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote