Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to the RC world and have a few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #1

Default New to the RC world and have a few questions

So i am new to the rc world. I bought a Wraith, a HPI nirto rs4 mt, and a traxxas stampede xl-5. They can as a bundle deal and was a great price so i couldn't pass it up. I also thought that all those car would be a good jump into the rc world. The main question is the wraith came with NiMH batteries and i wanted to upgrade to lipo bats so i went to the local hobby shop and got a lipo and also a new motor. The issue is that when i give give the wraith full throttle it sometimes goes real fast and then sometimes goes like half speed. I don't know what is causing this. Any ideas? Also i want to use the wraith for mainly crawling and off roading and i want to start to upgrade it. What would you all rec for the first upgrades? The wraith has upgraded vanquish steering links, savor high torque servo, bfg mud terrains, and a traxxas 4 channel radio system. The other question i have is were is a good place to find a build guide or a manual on how to build the HPI? The HPI was completely disassembled and i want to build it back up. The traxxas is a fun car its fast and water proof so its a fun car. Any opinions on what i should do to any of the cars would be great. Looking forward to hearing what ya guys and gals think of my cars and what i should do to them (meaning upgrades). Thanks in advance all.
KustomKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New to the RC world and have a few questions

As far as the Wraith, start here.... Wraith Beginners Guide
There are plenty of other stickies/posts to read through in The Wraith section as well... Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech - Axial Wraith at RCCrawler.com
Guesstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Vanquish stage one kit and vanquish steering and drag link. This will increase your steering. But you will need some wheels that will take adjustable hubs or the steering knuckle will rub your tires. This is where I started. When I started this hobby almost everyone I talked to told me this should be the first upgrade you do. Just food for thought.
GEISSE-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

If that Traxxas radio system also includes the ESC, that ESC may limit motor speeds when the battery gets below a certain point. You have made sure the ESC is set up for LiPo, right?
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #5

The esc is the stock axial one and the local hobby shop told me it would be ok with lipos
KustomKillz is offline   Reply With Quote

New to the RC world and have a few questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anything in the world. Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 37 05-14-2012 10:10 AM
New to the rock world old to the rc world Jeckel4438 Newbie General 0 05-24-2011 08:19 PM
World R/C ???? drumbeater RC Rock Crawling Worlds 43 12-10-2007 06:13 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM