Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How To Modify Dinky Cantilever System to use Revo Rod Ends 5347

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default How To Modify Dinky Cantilever System to use Revo Rod Ends 5347

So during one of my last builds i was trying to figure out the ride height of the truck and realized that i had lost one of the push rods that were supplied with the kit. Off to the local HWS for some all-thread, I ended up searching 5 different stores and was not able to locate any of the small diameter rod that they used so I headed back home. While trying to figure what to use I decided to try the full size revo end and it just didn't fit right so i started messing around with it.

I was able to get it to fit just right by trimming the flanges off of both sides at the location marked in the following picture.

After doing that it fits inside the rocker without any problems as you can see below and you can make them just as long as you want and have the parts easier to access if you break something.

This is not an expensive mod but it helped me out and hope it can help some of you as well.

Let me know if you have any questions and ill be happy to help out.
teifert2429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

How To Modify Dinky Cantilever System to use Revo Rod Ends 5347 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am trying to add Traxxas 5347 Revo rod ends to my STRC links, HELP!! ZippoMan Axial Wraith 8 11-13-2012 04:00 PM
4mm rod for Revo rod ends rcjackson0926 Axial XR10 11 03-03-2011 01:50 PM
LokenRacing - Traxxas Revo Rod Ends # 5347 y2kgtp Chassis and Suspension 3 05-05-2010 10:49 AM