Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Axial wraith questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial wraith questions

So I am getting a wraith spawn christmas

I want to get upgrades but including the car I do not want to go over 500 so what parts will I need I also want a waterproof motor esc combo brushed and a good battery ... Liek a goood one and is lowering the suspension worth it?
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2014, 05:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial wraith questions

I would replace the chub and knuckle screw with machine screws, m3 x 6mm and m3 x 10mm.
Replace the dog bone front shafts with Axial universal shaft.
Flip the lower link mounts to lower the COG. If it is still to high, I add 6mm pieces of fuel tubing inside the shock.
Get a decent charger that can do NiMh and Lipo. I run a Thunder AC6. It is not top of the line, but it works fine.
For a battery I would run a Lipo 2cell, but if you are going to play in water I would get NiMh.

The Spawn comes with a waterproof ESC, so I would run it until it dies.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
RMK
Quarry Creeper

Flip the lower links, see if you like the ride height. It's a free mod. It does help with tipping over. Drive the truck out of the box and see how you like it. Make upgrades or changes from there. The ESC is waterproof and capable of running up to 3s LiPo, so rock it til she dies. There are TONS of chargers and betteries out there. Gettin started, get either a 7.2v 5000mah NiMH battery or a 7.4v 5000mah LiPo battery. As for charger? Well, your going to want a charger that is AC/DC, at least has 5A charge, and one that is LiPo and NiMh capable. Spending between $70-$100 for a good battery and charger can be expected. If your buying online, research the items and read reviews.

Between the truck, battery and charger, your going to be hitting or getting really close to you budget. Drive it, enjoy it, run several battery packs through it and see how you like it. See what you don't like about it. Upgrade what you break and ask what changes you should make to get it to handle the way you want to.
RMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I already have a very good charger and would a hard case lipo be good for water?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

All I really wanted the waterproof is for the snow but I'll be fine so all I really need is some good parts like an aluminum steering link and the ones you guys said and a new battery

Axial wraith questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial Wraith questions. bobaloohoo Newbie General 7 08-25-2014 05:56 PM
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM
Wraith Questions LGFAB Axial Wraith 3 02-04-2013 09:19 AM
Axial Wraith stock ESC questions Robchinchilla Axial Wraith 2 01-11-2013 05:00 AM
wraith questions wraith_1986 Axial Wraith 1 10-17-2011 12:27 PM