Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Where's the Parts?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Where's the Parts?!

I've been at this hobby for only about a year so this may be normal operating procedure. But, where are all the upgrade parts?! Has the hobby exploded in popularity within the last year? Or has vendors like Vanquish and others always run out of upgrade parts and take for ever to restock? Really curious about this.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Where's the Parts?!

From what I can tell Depending on the parts your after, rpp and super shafty stay pretty well stocked and restock in a pretty timely fashion. Vanquish hasnt slowed down any from what ive seen either and continues to make great parts. Havent seen a ton of new ones though (dont look all that often) except for all their stuff to fit the yeti craze and a few others.

Sent from the clouds
Captainkickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
RcBros Hobbies

popularity has increased
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
I've been at this hobby for only about a year so this may be normal operating procedure. But, where are all the upgrade parts?! Has the hobby exploded in popularity within the last year? Or has vendors like Vanquish and others always run out of upgrade parts and take for ever to restock? Really curious about this.
Often times they restock parts and hundreds of parts will disappear in a day or hours even. Vanquish is not a huge company by any means, they are just a small company with a large following of people that want nice stuff!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Often times they restock parts and hundreds of parts will disappear in a day or hours even. Vanquish is not a huge company by any means, they are just a small company with a large following of people that want nice stuff!
I understand that but it seems the they were easier to come by 6 to 8 months ago.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I think despite our fanaticism, the industry itself is pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Vanquish, as an example of many, isn't producing parts by the 10's of thousands, nor on an ongoing production basis.

They likely have runs of a few hundred at most, distribute/sell direct and then make another run when inventories are almost completely depleted.

That's my guess anyway......but I don't know shit.
GodSpeed999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSpeed999 View Post
I think despite our fanaticism, the industry itself is pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Vanquish, as an example of many, isn't producing parts by the 10's of thousands, nor on an ongoing production basis.

They likely have runs of a few hundred at most, distribute/sell direct and then make another run when inventories are almost completely depleted.

That's my guess anyway......but I don't know shit.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:04 AM   #8
RCC Addict

They are the parts Nazi's... "You want it... you wait..... you no wait?... NO PARTS FOR YOU!!...... next."

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #9

From the racing side of things, typically anytime a new platform hits the market that is very popular there are parts shortages. Companies will not invest in a lot of spare parts in case the new item doesn't sell well. After market parts will be even worse.
r6cj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6cj69 View Post
From the racing side of things, typically anytime a new platform hits the market that is very popular there are parts shortages. Companies will not invest in a lot of spare parts in case the new item doesn't sell well. After market parts will be even worse.
That make sense, except when you have items that cross multiple platforms. Like Method beadlock wheels.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I'm just getting back into the hobby after about a 6 year hiatus. Its amazing to me how many more options we have now for everything. There were only a handful of tires, wheels, and option parts back then. Now there are dozens of tires and wheels and various manufacturers for all sorts of aluminum parts.....But just about everything on their sites is out of stock lol
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I agree I was looking to make up a shopping list but most of what I need is out of stock no matter where I look. And no one has a one stop shop. RPP is about the best.
SouthernComfort is offline   Reply With Quote