Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need help getting back into the hobby

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #1

Default Need help getting back into the hobby

Okay I need help. I haven't bought anything crawler related in about 8 years and I am so out of the loop. I have a $300 budget and I want to get something 1/8 or 1/5 scale. I'm guessing close to impossible. Although I have an old Gmade Stealth crawler with beat axles. Do I buy new axels and a radio for the Stealth, or buy a new rig all together. I just want to drive over big rocks and my neighbors rig. I already have an original Axial scx10 and a TLT with a Bender chassis and Pede trans.
Froger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #2

Default Re: Need help getting back into the hobby

That stealth is pretty awesome ! How much would it be to get it back in running order ? That's a really nice looking rig. If you wanted to go new and budget friendly there are some Exceed crawlers in the 1/8-1/5 scale area for $150-$220 if you wanted to look at those. But if your stealth looks anything like the ones I see pics of online I would just get that beast back in running order.
AZ Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the thoughts. The truck is awesome, just not new. Okay, rebuild the old axles, but parts maybe an issue or buy Exceed or Clod axles and what kind of basic radio? I am currently sporting a Tq3 controller with xmod crystals. I'd post a pic but don't know how
Froger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #4

A pretty popular and cheap/reliable radio system are the Flysky radios. GT3b and GT3c I think they are around $40 and 3channel with optional firmware upgrades to like 5 channels. I have a GT3b and have used it for 4-5 years. It's still 3 channel and I upgraded to a lipo battery I love it !

Are the parts for the stealth pretty hard to come by ? I would think it would be at least a little mainstream ? Well come to think of it people usually don't have Gmade parts on hand at LHS's. If you wanna just drop $160ish and be ready to roll for awhile then yeah the Mad Torque is not a bad option RTR has everything you need and the steering parts that are prone to break are replaceable by Axial AX10 parts. Whichever you do have fun and post pics My friends Mad Torque is pretty awesome to watch, lights come stock and the #1 upgrade is to throw away the foams and get some decent CI ones ;) he's running no foams front and foams rear for now. The beadlocks work so well that the fronts actually have air pressure. Been through water and non go into the wheels
AZ Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

What will you be doing Comps G6 Trail or Bash?
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help getting back into the hobby - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back into hobby! Gomery644 Illinois 2 02-18-2015 07:53 PM
Getting back into the Hobby KauseKaos Newbie General 7 08-27-2012 09:17 AM
Getting back into the hobby????? dann06 Newbie General 6 03-08-2010 10:55 AM