Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trail finder 2 in stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Trail finder 2 in stock

Anyone know where I can find a kit in stock?
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail finder 2 in stock

You may be able to find a small shop with an old one sitting on the shelf but all of the big shops have been out of stock for a while.

The best bet is to wait a few weeks for the new version of the TF2 to hit shelves. RPP says early September.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
You may be able to find a small shop with an old one sitting on the shelf but all of the big shops have been out of stock for a while.

The best bet is to wait a few weeks for the new version of the TF2 to hit shelves. RPP says early September.
I've been trying small shops all day. My son decided he wants one for his birthday on Sept 4th lol.
68_f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Take a box about the right size, place a photo of the TF2 in it with a note saying " Good for one TF2 for name here. Please allow 1-4 weeks for delivery."
Zookk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #5

I havent seen any in stock lately, glad I bought mine when I did. people say theyre reworking the tf2 to make it alittle different. mostly the bed it seems. Parts seem to be the same way tho. I broke an axle and I had to wait a month and a half for RPP hobby,great place by the way, to get them in stock so I could get my truck back on the trails. Have you looked into a sawback. Seems like a pretty neat r/c also. I own a tf2 RTR. the most weak points Ive found are driveshafts,front axles,and steering servo is trash but Other than that Ive been real happy with it. Also reshim the pinions right off the bat along with adding some grease.UPDATE I googled it and it seems like a place called active powersports might have them in stock. Ive never personally ordered anything from them

Last edited by Noland; 08-28-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Noland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully they fix a lot of what was wrong with it. The only thing this piece of junk has going for it is its scale looks, the truck itself is junk. The shocks on my kit were falling apart as I put them on, no grease in anything, the shims were wrong in the axles, and not a single screw in the preassembled parts was tight. The body is a nightmare to assemble, the instructions are very poor and the parts aren't made right. There was a lot of hand fitting and cutting of parts which should have not been necessary. Once everything got put together, and fixed, the truck was great for about 10 packs, then the suspension started to get REALLY loose, driving, crawling, turning because really unpredictable. Every time it was ran something had to be adjusted to get it back in line or to run correctly. This is never minding bad parts, its design is bad, getting the body on and off is an epic pain if you do it the way you are supposed to, the battery placement is terrible, and only certain full-sized packs will fit.

I have had my fair share of RCs, some RTRs, but mainly kits, and never have I had one that was such a pain to operate and required so much care and feed to keep running correctly. Now, when everything is running right, it is a fun truck that looks really good on the trail, but those moments are brief and far between.

If all of this sounds like fun, get the truck. Keep in mind, it is a $400 kit, which is terribly expensive for any RC, kit or RTR, then you have to add your electronics to it.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It shouldn't be much longer before the new kits start showing up. I held an example of the new Mojave 2 bed (it looks great) while I was at ECSC last weekend, and I saw that the Mojave 2 cab briefly showed up in stock on the international site within the past few days before selling out. The RTRs with the new body set haven't yet been officially announced, so they will probably be a little bit behind the kits.

Also, FYI, from what I've heard and read, apart from the body, the rest of the new kit is likely to be essentially unchanged, and I'm glad they're not messing with it. It's a blast to drive, and I've found it to be a very strong platform with minimal mods (swapping pinions in the front axle, steel drive shafts, steel bumpers/sliders, and XVDs are all I've done for durability). They haven't yet released any specs for the RTR, so not sure if there will be changes to anything other than the body.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I know that I am waiting to get mine....
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

They are now in stock on the RC4WD international site, so you can order now if you are willing to pay the extra shipping. If you're okay waiting a bit longer, they should start showing up domestically very soon.
Trail Finder 2 Truck Kit w/Mojave II Body Set
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Trail finder 2 in stock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Hawaii Beach-Rock-Trail Run CAV-G Scale Videos! 0 11-17-2014 11:38 AM
[Video] 2 RC4WD Trail Finder 2s - Durian Loop Trail rcgolf Scale Videos! 2 10-25-2014 06:05 PM
evidence trail buster 1 9 on the scale of RC4WD Trail Finder 2 gionata78 Scale Videos! 2 11-10-2013 12:19 AM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:11 PM
13 Trucks mudding at Wallace Trail - Trail finder 2 tundra honcho dingo hummer Unimog boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-17-2012 05:09 PM