Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Boom Racing Boomerang Type G Shocks: First look feedback?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Boom Racing Boomerang Type G Shocks: First look feedback?

So Boom Racing's Boomerang Type G's are finally ready and we think they look awesome. They perform well with the fully functional reservoirs and the looks are amazing.

So with that being said, I wanna see what you guys think so far. We're constantly talking to Boom Racing, and we'd love to provide them feedback to change future variations if needed.

It'd also be awesome to start a discussion on these if htere's any way you'd like to personally modify it as well.
Attached Images

AsiaTeesHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Boom Racing Boomerang Type G Shocks: First look feedback?

They do look nice.
RiderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Can you provide the specs so we can better understand were they might be used?
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Can you provide the specs so we can better understand were they might be used?
Can be disassembled to place the oil reservoir in different locations on your truck. Comes with three rates of springs and extra oil tubes.

Eye to eye length: 110mm
Eye to eye length after total extract (hardest spring-gold): 81mm (shaft travel: 29mm)
Eye to eye length after total extract (medium spring-silver): 79mm (shaft travel: 31mm)
Eye to eye length after total extract (softest spring-black): 75.7mm (shaft travel: 34.3mm)

Old 08-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ok you've got my attention. Price? Assembled? If so what wt oil? Internal springs?
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
Ok you've got my attention. Price? Assembled? If so what wt oil? Internal springs?
$29.90 USD (there's a 10% site-wide discount coming up though so....just saying.)

It's fully assembled, and it comes with internal springs. Three rates (soft medium hard), we suggest using 35 wt oil at the moment. There's also a mini spring in the reservoir, which holds a plate so that it actually pushes the oil from the reservoir back to the main shaft unit.

It's a pretty sick design from Boom Racing. We're really enjoying it. The reservoir can be placed elsewhere by removing the brackets, or you can even take off that whole reservoir if you prefer it a sleeker look without the extra portion.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:41 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Can we get a closer picture of one unit? Also is there a way to replace those shock ends? The ones pictured look like the same ones hot racing uses and are anything but desired. Shouldn't be too bad on shocks but totally suck on link ends
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thinking about how to say thiws i notice that my English sucks, because i do not know the name for it. But i definitely would like to see a "rotating, move up and down and around ball" thing like at the install spot.

Oh wait, just checked the Boomracing site for pics and i see they have it already.
That makes this a useless post.

However, i do like that they come in different colors. Styling is a hot issue for some (at least to me it is).
Also like the idea that it comes with different springs.

It would be nice if they came in a shorter length. 110mm is not a length many use. 100mm would have the interest of a bigger group i guess.
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Maybe try giving away a set or two if you'd like a review, I know I don't like to spend money just to see how something works when I already know how other options work
idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
It would be nice if they came in a shorter length. 110mm is not a length many use. 100mm would have the interest of a bigger group i guess.
Agreed. 110mm is for stock rigs but who has that. 90-100mm would be more interesting.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
Maybe try giving away a set or two if you'd like a review, I know I don't like to spend money just to see how something works when I already know how other options work
Agreed. Couldn't say it any better. A Boom Racing Boomerang Type G Shock tester would be the best route.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Can we get a closer picture of one unit? Also is there a way to replace those shock ends? The ones pictured look like the same ones hot racing uses and are anything but desired. Shouldn't be too bad on shocks but totally suck on link ends
Will be releasing video footage very soon. Dont know about the Hot Racing ones, as Boom Racing went through a pretty long process designing it to be as unique and functional as possible. We have testers putting them through their paces right now though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaFoDes View Post
Thinking about how to say thiws i notice that my English sucks, because i do not know the name for it. But i definitely would like to see a "rotating, move up and down and around ball" thing like at the install spot.

Oh wait, just checked the Boomracing site for pics and i see they have it already.
That makes this a useless post.

However, i do like that they come in different colors. Styling is a hot issue for some (at least to me it is).
Also like the idea that it comes with different springs.

Boom Racing will be working on different lengths very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
We have a batch of them already circulating around our first round of testers. RC_Athletes, RC CWR, ESP RC, RC Trailblazr, Killshot_RC, Ferndogg, and a few others are all on the list of testers. (Most can be found on Instagram/YouTube/FB) if you want to see them in action. We will also be releasing a video on behalf of Boom Racing very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Agreed. 110mm is for stock rigs but who has that. 90-100mm would be more interesting.
The varying lengths will be coming out very soon guys! Boom Racing has assured us they are working on it once we told them the feedback received here
Old 09-03-2015, 02:31 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I am a patient man. So i will wait till they are available and see how they would do on the Nightcrawler. In terms of size a 110 will fit nicely there.
MaFoDes is offline   Reply With Quote

Boom Racing Boomerang Type G Shocks: First look feedback? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boom Racing parts??? RABIDFOX Chit Chat 118 11-19-2017 04:20 PM
Boom racing G2rebel Vaterra Twin Hammers 16 01-15-2016 03:10 PM
Boomerang shocks fastfordtruck04 Newbie General 2 06-03-2015 07:12 AM